Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Wolves v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Molineux Stadium
Date: Sunday 9th May 2021
Kick-off: 12:00 BST
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Marc Perry, Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Andrew Madley
VAR: Andre Marriner
Additional VAR: Andrew Halliday

TEAM NEWS

Wolves remain without defender Willy Boly, who is struggling with the effects of long Covid.

Pedro Neto, Jonny, Marcal and Raul Jimenez are also still sidelined, although the latter could be given clearance to return from a fractured skull on the final day of the season.

Adam Lallana's calf injury will keep him out of Sunday's match but he might be fit for the following week.

Florin Andone, Tariq Lamptey and Solomon March are long-term absentees.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]The last four meetings have been drawn. In January, Brighton came from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 at the Amex.
Wolves

• [*=left]Wolves have lost three of their past four games at Molineux, most recently a 4-0 defeat by Burnley.
    [*=left]They are 10 points worse off than at this stage last year but have guaranteed a fourth successive season in the top flight. They last managed that 40 years ago.
    [*=left]Nine of their 11 league wins this season have been by a one-goal margin.
    [*=left]The 3-3 draw with Brighton in January is the only league game out of their last 37 in which Wolves have scored more than two goals.
    [*=left]Wolves are the only club not to have lost a Premier League match this season after scoring the opening goal (W8, D2).
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton need one more win to guarantee their top-flight status for a club record fifth straight season.
    [*=left]Albion are currently 14th in the table. Their highest finish in the Premier League is 15th.
    [*=left]Only Leicester (10) have won more penalties than Brighton's nine in the Premier League this season.
    [*=left]Brighton are the least accurate team in the division when it comes to finishing - only 29% of their 447 shots have been on target.
    [*=left]Dan Burn celebrates his 29th birthday on the day of the match.

Graham Potter's Wolves Press Conference

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Love the kick off time. I can actually watch a match without setting the alarm, and then feeling stuffed at work. So its feet up and bottles of my recent batch of Harveys Sussex Best clone,

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Love the kick off time. I can actually watch a match without setting the alarm, and then feeling stuffed at work. So its feet up and bottles of my recent batch of Harveys Sussex Best clone,

It’s worked out better for you Down Under than it has for me. Sunday lunchtimes are never great kick off times for me; today I’m taking the kids to a high ropes activity centre so I’ll be catching up with the game via MOTD2 tonight.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Woo hoo! .... we kick off at mid day and the whole world can see us live on BBC as we tame those Wolves...
At least we hope so. I believe now that on our day we are capable of beating anybody , but will today be our day? We had a good performance and great result last week, can we string 2 together...
Faith and hope is what an Albion supporter needs . Come on lads :albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wolves without Jiminez just aren't the same and have done incredibly well to stay mid-table. This is a very winnable game for us, let's hope we've packed the shooting boots.

A proper Sunday awaits for me, Brighton game, followed by F1 race and topped off with a roast dinner :drool:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BDB's b'day.
Going big on big goals from Burn.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wolves haven’t beaten the Albion in the top flight in 11 attempts.....

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
BBC1, does that mean we haven't got the usual biased anti Albion co-presenters? Instead we'll have the "I like the Albion, but......"

No chance of “the Albion”, it’ll be “Brighton” all the way - perhaps with an occasional “the Seagulls”.

Plus:
- 50% about our inability to put chances away.
- 50% about Potter being linked with Spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No chance of “the Albion”, it’ll be “Brighton” all the way - perhaps with an occasional “the Seagulls”.

Plus:
- 50% about our inability to put chances away.
- 50% about Potter being linked with Spurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben White and Leeds

Jimmy Grimble

Bookies have us as favourites again for the umpteenth time this season.

Can’t remember the last time we weren’t favourites against one of ‘the other 14’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here