He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Three lions replaced by a lion, a lioness and a cub. Mmmm. I guess I have more important things to worry about.

They have missed a trick though by not including a fourth lion who identifies as a tiger.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Woke Lions

It’s a first I’ll grant you that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its very wrong. subverting a historical piece of heraldry for a marketing logo. why did it need to change?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
They’re not changing the crest that the England teams will wear on the shirts though, so I’m failing to understand the point of it.

Changing crests never goes down well (Leeds lol) unless you go back and slightly update an original design - like Massive did when they ditched that shittily drawn owl. That reminds me, HAHAHAH MASSIVE

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Three lions replaced by a lion, a lioness and a cub. Mmmm. I guess I have more important things to worry about.

They have missed a trick though by not including a fourth lion who identifies as a tiger.
On a possibly more serious note, wouldn't they have been better making the third lion a disabled one, rather than a cub?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9850573 said:
18 months to "design" that!?!?

And cost how much????

FFS leave it alone and spend the time and effort sorting out the Waitcoat W@nker and his crap selections and management instead of getting all giddy because we beat Lower Gobi Desert Nomads 2-0.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
its very wrong. subverting a historical piece of heraldry for a marketing logo. why did it need to change?

They haven't, as you say it's just a marketing campaign to promote English football across all sexes and ages.

The badges on both the women's and men's shirt stay exactly the same.

The badge hasn't changed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I suppose a group of double-breasted suited ponces in ponytails with latte coffees in front of a few whiteboards have wangled several million quid out of it.

Probably could've directed that cash directly to grass roots football and done more good, rather than coming up with this woke shite. But I'm sure the Football Association know what they're doing.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
What the feck have lions got to do with England anyway? Better to have a couple of badgers and a jackdaw, shirley?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Everything that's wrong with the country at the moment "fixing" things that aren't broke .......clipboard diplomacy wasting cold , hard cash for what exactly....??

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
BDA6FBCF-808C-4E7C-9506-79DD2BC732EB.png

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
‘Leverage’ ‘harness’ ‘inclusivity ‘ yep usual design agency bullshit bingo and can see why it took 18 months to come up with this groundbreaking design.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
So it is not a new badge. That much is now clear. The initiative behind the logo sounds worthwhile but I would not have noticed the differences between the three cartoon creatures. Nobody will get that point.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fa-england-football-badge-inclusivity-b933745.html

An absolute winner for me, the FA don't always get it right but this is superb, promoting inclusivity and diversity and hopefully giving people who were out off by the connotations of the old badge a window into the game we all love.

I will join you in saluting this fine, upstanding and groundbreaking work done here.

If I didn’t know better I would assume that extraordinary branding was years in the making. A truly astonishing piece, that encapsulates the very essence of the game, and the joy and pleasure we all feel in having it be a part of our lives. Enticing, enriching and uplifting come to mind.

Let’s all give a deserved round of applause for the FA.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see Crodo got the rod out last night, took a look at NSC, thought **** that and replaced it with a trawling net :lolol: :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here