Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fine for the ESL lot

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
From the BBC website:

"The nine clubs have agreed to make a combined 15m euros (£13.4m) goodwill contribution to benefit children's and grassroots football across Europe.
They will also have 5% of Uefa competition revenues withheld for one season, starting in 2023-24, and this money will be redistributed, including in the UK."

Well f*** me down, that will damn make sure they don't do [try it] it again eh! I'm not sure how they they are going to cope with that financial
punishment.

<For the love of God Almighty. Try 500 million quid each EUFA you bunch of cowardly, dog shitting, tossing cretins>.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
To be fair, the whole thing has all been a huge victory for football.

This included. Their PR is so low that they are being forced into this significant investment into the game.

Totally agree Mustafa. But surely they need to be hit where it hurts? And not some derisory number that one of their
players earns in a week. It needs to be a figure that will hurt them all badly.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
From the BBC website:

"The nine clubs have agreed to make a combined 15m euros (£13.4m) goodwill contribution to benefit children's and grassroots football across Europe.
They will also have 5% of Uefa competition revenues withheld for one season, starting in 2023-24, and this money will be redistributed, including in the UK."

Well f*** me down, that will damn make sure they don't do [try it] it again eh! I'm not sure how they they are going to cope with that financial
punishment.

<For the love of God Almighty. Try 500 million quid each EUFA you bunch of cowardly, dog shitting, tossing cretins>.

*cough*. UEFA. :blush:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Could’ve paid me a million quid and I would’ve told them to stop being stupid BEFORE opening their mouths.

But would they listen to me...nooooooooooo...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The £13.4 million pound works out at £28,600 a week per club.

How many of those clubs have players on 10 times that?

This is disgraceful, EUFA had the opportunity to draw a line in the sand, instead they have rolled over and had their tummies tickled.

Pathetic.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So they still hold considerable sway over UEFA.

This is pathetic.

In terms of a price to pay for the new Champions League rules I suspect the owners will be quite happy.

This was a missed opportunity to make some real and lasting changes to the way football is run and address a myriad of problems in the game.

Same old same old.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
5% loss in UEFA revenue in a couple of years is likely to be larger dent to each teams coffers. Assuming the bulk of the dirty 9 get to the QFs they’d probably earn around £70m.

So that’s potentially £3.5m extra petty cash to find behind the sofa....
:ffsparr:

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
From the BBC website:

punishment.

People have been clamouring for draconian action against these clubs but nothing would be more certain to drive them away. 'Hitting them where it hurts' would 'force' them to break away in order to remain solvent and look after their brand, so what they wanted initially comes about via a different route and genuine fans lose out after all. It was never, could never, be more than a token 'punishment'

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
What utter contempt they treat fans with too these owners.

Joel Glazer has said he’ll meet the fines and the cost won’t come out of club funds. So it will come out of the 10s of £millions you take out of the club in salary and dividends instead. Does he actually believe fans will buy this crap!?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
People have been clamouring for draconian action against these clubs but nothing would be more certain to drive them away. 'Hitting them where it hurts' would 'force' them to break away in order to remain solvent and look after their brand, so what they wanted initially comes about via a different route and genuine fans lose out after all. It was never, could never, be more than a token 'punishment'

I don’t agree, they’ve shown their hand but both the FA, UEFA have the upper hand. It’s an idol threat they could be forced to join the ESL through draconian punishment if that punishment is relegation for example. You’re making out they still hold individual power over football’s regulators. I don’t agree, if anything this has shown up how weak their hand is.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The fines are laughable. The restoration back into the ‘Club Association’ is not.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think we should have gone all "treaty of versaille" on their asses

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

should've been a 3 year transfer ban to level the playing field and give them a realistic chance to get their finances in order

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Their argument for not having more serious punishment is “yeah but it’s not fair on the supporters”...

How fair was it to Bolton and Wigan supporters that their club was deducted points for going into administration? Condemning them to relegation and oblivion in the short term.

Surely forming a breakaway is far and away a more serious rule breach.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
From the BBC website:

punishment.

Think you’re being a bit unfair on the clubs. Those figures don’t include the usual colossal back handers that each club will be paying Eufa officials for their leniency ( allegedly of course -not at all based on past performance)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here