Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Canelo Vs Billy Joe Saunders

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Weigh in today, fight tomorrow.

Should be a very interesting fight.
Saunders a tricky and very slick boxer, will be a really fascinating watch against Canelo.

Canelo heavy favorite to win of course.

Who'll be watching?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I might set the alarm. Actually think it has the potential to be really boring if Billy Joe fights on the back foot which is probably his best chance of winning. Still a massive ask to get a decision against Canelo even if he does deserve to win.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I might set the alarm. Actually think it has the potential to be really boring if Billy Joe fights on the back foot which is probably his best chance of winning. Still a massive ask to get a decision against Canelo even if he does deserve to win.

No chance it will be boring.

This fight has the lot. Saunders is a very easy character to dislike, so no big disappointment if he gets sparked. On the other hand if he can somehow pull off a shock win, wow you would have to admire the underdog.

If he fights on the back foot, 12 rounds is still an awful long time, with 70k Mexicans baying for your blood and a vicious counter puncher tracking you down. The locals will not want to see Alverez cruise to a points win, even though he would be almost certain to get a decision, even if somehow it was close.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I don't think Saunders has the power to gain Canelo's respect, so not sure if he can keep him at bay for 12 rounds. If Saunders manages to go the distance and a lot of neutrals think he might have edged it, the judges will give it to Canelo anyway Imo.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think BJS can only win on points but “should” have a decent chance.

I fully expect the fight to go the distance. I suspect sadly the judges have already made their mind up on the winner.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Taking everything into account, I can’t see how bjs wins this fight.
He is not heavy handed at middle , let alone super middle.
And he won’t get a decision there.
He will do himself credit but will get outclassed.
Canello in ten.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
If BJS can implement the 'hit and don't get hit' strategy then I think he'll win, but I fancy Canelo, he's in a different class to anything the pikey had faced before.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Trying to work out in advance how to get my DAZN to cast onto TV screen. Everything I've tried tried I just get sound and no images. Just want to make sure it works before tomorrow

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
From listening to the pre-fight interviews, Canelo speaks little English yet still comes across so well and humble. Billy Joe Saunders will need such a huge PR machine and "tyson fury type narrative" to ever be likable.

I think it's going to be a boring fight, but Canelo in round 10 / 11

This is the first sporting event in history I'd rather the Englishman lose - he has no class.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
You like the beef, juicy mexican beef :lol:

Got under canelos skin with him saying, 'you're in trouble now', to BJS.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
BJS is your archetypal lovable Gypsy rogue, through his sport and some astute non related business deals his is financially secure regardless of this fight, and whilst the figure is life changing money his life won’t actually change that much. He had a classic You Tube interview with Seconds Out yesterday talking about God and how he’s here because of him and will win because of God, then finished up informing the interviewer that him a Tyson Fury bang prostitutes together ��

I really do fancy him to win this, as I don’t believe, aside from an ageing Mayweather which he lost and beating GGG with contentious score cards, Canelo has never fought anyone of BJS’s quality and calibre.

I’m going for an 8,9 or 10 round stoppage. ��

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You like the beef, juicy mexican beef :lol:

Got under canelos skin with him saying, 'you're in trouble now', to BJS.

Canelo played a blinder with all the ring size nonsense though. That really distracted the focus of the Saunders camp.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
BJS is an overhyped CJT of the highest order, and I for one hope he gets his ass well and truly kicked in this fight.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My prediction is for BJS to be decked in the third round.

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
Yeah, always tricky to choose what's most lovable between encouraging domestic violence, abusing the homeless, multiple drugs bans, saying the seats at the Amex need to be padded as a homophobic insult, associating with MTK, animal cruelty........

This,a horrible individual

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Yeah, always tricky to choose what's most lovable between encouraging domestic violence, abusing the homeless, multiple drugs bans, saying the seats at the Amex need to be padded as a homophobic insult, associating with MTK, animal cruelty........

This to Mars and back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here