Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Five years to the day .....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Such a big disappointment that day...long drive up in hope and a miserable drive back ..seething over ‘that sending off’....it’s been quite good since :whistle:

D88C7EFC-6F2C-41BF-B523-3F66608D709D.jpeg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Still seething at the sending off. It's weird remembering we did not actually lose the game, it sure felt like it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was a fabulous season. After it ended I did wonder if the Albion had some sort of curse on them though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Massively disappointing result but it was a memorable away day. It’s not often you get the opportunity to attend an all or nothing final game of the season (although BHA have had a few). The noise from the home fans as we were entering the stadium was immense. We made a weekend of it so maybe that helped.. a bit.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still seething at the sending off. It's weird remembering we did not actually lose the game, it sure felt like it.

Stephens reminded me of Stephen Gerrard that day. He could totally boss Championship games in the same way Biss bosses a Premier League fixture. He was our best player up until his sending off and the momentum he'd generated was impossible to reproduce once he was gone.

Just like the penalty for Man Utd 'after the final whistle' and the Dunk West Brom goal 'change of mind' incident, you will never see a decision reversed after a player has ripped the yellow card from the ref's grasp and thrown it to the floor, only for the ref to brandish a red when confronted with the view of a gashed leg barely covered by a shin-pad designed for a 5 year old after the player in question had blindly and wildly swung at a ball behind him having lost control of it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Such a big disappointment that day...long drive up in hope and a miserable drive back ..seething over ‘that sending off’....it’s been quite good since :whistle:

View attachment 136458

smoggy ***** ****em , look at them now , famous 5 for shin pads and THE COMPLETE AND UTTER SHYSTER with the whistle ........**** em.....we is what we is and i firkin love it...:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Stephens reminded me of Stephen Gerrard that day. He could totally boss Championship games in the same way Biss bosses a Premier League fixture. He was our best player up until his sending off and the momentum he'd generated was impossible to reproduce once he was gone.

Just like the penalty for Man Utd 'after the final whistle' and the Dunk West Brom goal 'change of mind' incident, you will never see a decision reversed after a player has ripped the yellow card from the ref's grasp and thrown it to the floor, only for the ref to brandish a red when confronted with the view of a gashed leg barely covered by a shin-pad designed for a 5 year old after the player in question had blindly and wildly swung at a ball behind him having lost control of it.

sent off for being too quick and reading the game too well......thats Dean for ya.......cockhead.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
One of my most memorable seasons and I loved it all, even though it didn't have the happy ending we all wanted.

And no apology for posting this - I never tire of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdAdiuDXu8

That bit of Liam at the end gets me every time. Remember being up behind the goal feeling a bit ****ed off, shattered from the trip and singing throughout the second half and Liam coming over, once he had done that, I realised the players hadn’t given up and neither should I.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Massively disappointing result but it was a memorable away day. It’s not often you get the opportunity to attend an all or nothing final game of the season (although BHA have had a few). The noise from the home fans as we were entering the stadium was immense. We made a weekend of it so maybe that helped.. a bit.

It was an electric atomosphere. The best I've encountered in sometime. Quite surprising given that other Riverside visits were reliant on goal music and a small band of spotty youths with a drum for atomsphere. Shit outcome on the day but probably the best thing that could happened. We were far better equipped for the Premier league with another sseason of building under our belts

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
One of my most memorable seasons and I loved it all, even though it didn't have the happy ending we all wanted.

Never fails to give me goosebumps.

I'd forgotten the 3-2 against Charlton was that season. One of the best games I'd seen for us being so poor to start off and then shit-housing a win.

Jimmy Grimble

I’m able to feel a lot of love for that season but I think that is largely down to the fact the following year justice was served (double over Wednesday, Boro relegated, us promoted).

The memories can be looked back on more fondly knowing it was all part of a wonderful journey that ended up with the good guys winning.

If we were still stuck in the Championship, I’m sure I’d perceive it differently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here