Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Green Party

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who is we? You mean that YOU can hope.

Several other posters on this thread.
One fire station within miles with two tenders and the Conservative country council tried to remove it. Thankfully even the Conservative MP thought that was wrong and weighed in with my local councillor, Sarah Osbourne (LD), who has just been returned.

[tweet]1390735229283938304[/tweet]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This make up of socially liberal, green, educated professionals with the proliferation of jobs in the media and arts, combined with a very hedonistic party attitude makes it the place it is. Either you have chosen to live here or you have chosen to support the football team that lives here so you must absolutely love it in reality. Otherwise you're a massive hypocrite.

It sounds like the people you’re describing are the very ones that by today’s standards are the very people working class types despise often handing out “I’m more intelligent than you” voting advice which many commentators are suggesting contribute to the hatred of the modern Labour Party.

For the record I don’t consider you as one of them [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There is also an even more sinister side of the story. Allegedly the monkey could have been a small boy as youngsters were used as ' powder monkeys' aboard ship. Being the only survivor and not able to speak english or understand the situation the boy was deemed a spy and hung by the locals. Urgh both stories are abhorrent in this day of age but was probably commonplace in times of war in history.:eek:

Oh yeah I knew they used boys and called them powder monkeys...

Oh man, that makes so much more sense, especially if the boy originated from dare I say it, one of Frances colonial countries.
Why did I not connect the dots.

Sad and embarrassing.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The Greens want to break up the Union, perhaps that why they got short shrift in Hartlepool :shrug:

What union...

We all know it’s active in name only and a matter of time before it’s dissolved, and about time too.
The sooner Ireland is United the better too, and that’s coming from me, who held unsavoury views when I was young, immature and coerced.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What union...

We all know it’s active in name only and a matter of time before it’s dissolved, and about time too.
The sooner Ireland is United the better too, and that’s coming from me, who held unsavoury views when I was young, immature and coerced.

It is a union, but under strain yes. It may or may not split up going forward, but i agree, in my view, it will. Not sure why its a Green issue and it will undoubtedly turn off some voters though.

A united Ireland would be a good thing at the right time, which is getting closer

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The greens are idealistic and few of their policies are sensible for living in the real world . They have lots of support mainly from idealistic lefty students who have switched allegiances from ultra lefty Corbyn to move away from the more sensible centre ground current Labour leader .

No one who understands politics would vote for green - only in Brighton !

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
To me Caroline Lucas proves how easy it is to run country when your not in power.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It sounds like the people you’re describing are the very ones that by today’s standards are the very people working class types despise often handing out “I’m more intelligent than you” voting advice which many commentators are suggesting contribute to the hatred of the modern Labour Party.

For the record I don’t consider you as one of them [emoji106]

I’m just pointing out that when I was in the Goldstone North Stand and it was a big game against northern opponents, the whole stand would sing “We love you Brighton, we do” and “In your Northern slums”. It would seem some are more keen to distance themselves from their roots than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The greens are idealistic and few of their policies are sensible for living in the real world . They have lots of support mainly from idealistic lefty students who have switched allegiances from ultra lefty Corbyn to move away from the more sensible centre ground current Labour leader .

No one who understands politics would vote for green - only in Brighton !

:facepalm:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’m just pointing out that when I was in the Goldstone North Stand and it was a big game against northern opponents, the whole stand would sing “We love you Brighton, we do” and “In your Northern slums”. It would seem some are more keen to distance themselves from their roots than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“You look in the dustbin for something to eat, you find a dead rat and you think it’s a treat”…….

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Until readership of poltical newspapers backed by the wealthy significantly reduces, people will vote for what they see and hear.

The greens are irrelevant outside Brighton as they are not newsworthy.

Theres a reason its Labour in Liverpool and Green in Brighton, you are in a bubble. It doesnt matter how good the candidates are if they dont have the profile.

Whatever you think of Bojo, EVERYONE knows who he is

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They voted Tory though?

The political landscape changed following the announcement of the EU referendum. Politics got dumbed down, it has all been about one issue and stupid sound bits like 'we will get things done' rather than policies. Unfortunately enough people took the bait, followed the mainstream media and became politically confused. In a general election you only need to fool 1 in 4 people to get elected and if you look around 1 in 4 people normally have pretty right wing views or else have hidden views.
Even the US saw the light, we are laughing stock.

Tories = factory builders :lol:

They did it with their very hands and are well renowned for their brawn.

Your views are very last century. You might want to ask Ben Houchen about industrial policy and bringing jobs to the north east.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here