Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 Life Licences

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The fact that you feel the need to make that comment says more IMHO
Is an Albion supporter valued by the number of posts they make in a forum ?
I’ve supported the Albion for 50 years. I did my time standing on a box in the North-west terrace at the Goldstone, before graduating to the North Stand. I had season tickets at both the Priestfield and Withdean and have watched the Albion play on around 80 different grounds, but I’m a plastic supporter because when the Amex was built I chose to treat myself to a seat for life in a nice area of the ground and choose not to constantly post in an online forum? I am only giving up my seat due to my father’s declining health and am already on the waiting list for a seat in another area of the ground with my 2 sons

It’s not just me either! There are hundreds if not thousands of loyal and passionate supporters in the 1901 Club who have chosen to invest a substantial amount of money for 5 years at a time in the club. And yet you think regularly posting in a forum is much more significant? (Perhaps you think the Albion would be better off without the 1901 Club?)

You really need to consider your motivation for this response. Maybe it’s judgemental, divisive and attention-seeking posts that put others off posting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good post. Good luck to you. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do not let THPP wind you up! He seldom has a good word to say about the modern Albion. He’s also a shit judge of Albion players and managers, imo :lolol:

Don’t feel the need to justify yourself either, there are plenty of high post 1901 members on here

THPP is alright.

Except when it comes to 80s music, of course :facepalm::rock::lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve supported the Albion for 50 years. I did my time standing on a box in the North-west terrace at the Goldstone, before graduating to the North Stand. I had season tickets at both the Priestfield and Withdean and have watched the Albion play on around 80 different grounds, but I’m a plastic supporter because when the Amex was built I chose to treat myself to a seat for life in a nice area of the ground and choose not to constantly post in an online forum? I am only giving up my seat due to my father’s declining health and am already on the waiting list for a seat in another area of the ground with my 2 sons

It’s not just me either! There are hundreds if not thousands of loyal and passionate supporters in the 1901 Club who have chosen to invest a substantial amount of money for 5 years at a time in the club. And yet you think regularly posting in a forum is much more significant? (Perhaps you think the Albion would be better off without the 1901 Club?)

You really need to consider your motivation for this response. Maybe it’s judgemental, divisive and attention-seeking posts that put others off posting?

JCL... :whistle:

Ps wishing the best for your Dad

Rosco676

Apr 21, 2021
Thank you. I think that may have been why it hit a raw nerve! Anyway, on way back from pub with Chinese takeaway in hand, so all is right at the moment.... UTA!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You could buy a small car over 5 years for the money 1901 seats will cost you for 5 years.

Rosco676

Apr 21, 2021
You could buy a small car over 5 years for the money 1901 seats will cost you for 5 years.

As opposed to not going to a single game. The difference between 1901 and regular season ticket is £2500 to £3000 over five years and if you already have a small car and enjoy benefits of 1901, why not?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Its all choices . . . . . .and priorities

and its all to easy to rip shit out of each other from a keyboard, but without the context of direct friendship and sociability it gets misconstrued.

As a lad on the east terrace, a mere 42 years ago, the west stand was 'posh' and then we called it the rhubarb stand in the 80's because of all the muted grumbling . . . When I actually realised I could go in the west stand I didn't like it. It wasn't posh, just not what Id grown used to..

I don't enjoy the Amex like I used to enjoy BHA, I've got a bit older, and changed as has football, probably more so. 1901 is very nice and has been my most enjoyable Amex visits ( albeit only 3 or 4 times)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Apologies. And respect to you and your family for your support of the club. My motivation for the post? Nowt to do with 1901 membership. I've got many fellow fans that I consider good friends in 1901. It's the Life Licence thing that triggers me (too) easily. Remember thinking at the initial presentations that it seemed a bit like the club trying to get us to buy into a timeshare scheme, on top of our tickets. Still think that. But... on this occasion, as on many other occasions, I'd probably have been better leaving things unsaid. Ah well. Taking the positives, it's probably given your thread more legs than it might otherwise have had, and may actually help you sell your licences. Thank me later :thumbsup:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I am just saying its a big financial commitment to supporting the Albion, with the potential to be paying for seats for League 2 football should it all go horribly wrong, I respect that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As opposed to not going to a single game. The difference between 1901 and regular season ticket is £2500 to £3000 over five years and if you already have a small car and enjoy benefits of 1901, why not?

For me I couldn't commit to the 5 year expense, but if you prefer the lounges to the concourses, why not indeed.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good luck to anybody in 1901. I have been twice as a guest and thought it was very good and if you can afford it well worth the money. I do regret not taking it up .I now try and get to ground as near KO as possible but in 1901 an enjoyable experience to be there an hour before. Wouldnt consider now as have got to know for years same 30/40 people that sit round us.
I understand in 1901 you need to make sure your seat is surrounded by other Albion supporters and not different corporate attendees every game

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to anybody in 1901. I have been twice as a guest and thought it was very good and if you can afford it well worth the money. I do regret not taking it up .I now try and get to ground as near KO as possible but in 1901 an enjoyable experience to be there an hour before. Wouldnt consider now as have got to know for years same 30/40 people that sit round us.
I understand in 1901 you need to make sure your seat is surrounded by other Albion supporters and not different corporate attendees every game

New Five Years starts next season, so it’s a lottery unless everyone around you has renewed. I think the club quite like people not renewing as they can then sell hospitality packages that most 1901ers don’t use. Staying up is crucial to this money making plan though. Pretty sure a few around us won’t have renewed this year as they were wavering before Covid hit. Looking forward to sitting amongst lots of scarved up Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and City fans :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You could buy an Engima Endeavour, cargo bike and a Van Moof S3, over 5 years for the money 1901 seats will cost you for 5 years.

Is what you meant to say :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here