Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawrenson Bissouma comparisons.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Nah. He’s good enough for a bigger club already.

Very much this. It's a similar situation to Kante when he was at Leicester- not saying he is at that level (yet) but we would need two of our current midfielders to recreate the work he does, he is a class act.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All the top 6 are interested. They should be he gets in all of those sides, even City need to replace Fernandinho so i do think they could be genuinley in for him.

40M is still cheap in my books, someone will pay it.

Oh so you know for a fact that every top six club are interested do you? Even if that was true, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will agree to pay our valuation of him.

We are interested in lots of players over the course of a season, but that doesn't mean that we are going to bid for them all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
40 years apart but almost a carbon copy situation, although it grieves me to say it both players of a level that is better than the Albion currently are now and were back in 1981.

Except that Bissouma is a midfielder, Lawro was a CB (although we did occasionally play him in midfield, similar to the way we've sometimes used White this season).

Goal scoring ability pretty similar though!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Oh so you know for a fact that every top six club are interested do you? Even if that was true, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will agree to pay our valuation of him.

We are interested in lots of players over the course of a season, but that doesn't mean that we are going to bid for them all.

They will if it's only £40M.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

A number of years ago I made up an internet rumour about a player that Albion were interested in. It was placed in Twitter. I wanted to see what happened.

It was a plausible player, at the high end of expectations. I even made up a fake quote from a newspaper in his country.

It gained legs, was discussed widely in Twitter and only fell when Naylor, speaking to sources, said 'No'.

That's how it works. I don't believe anything I read until there is evidence.

Apparently all the big clubs like Biss. The reality is that there may even be no bid at all this summer for him. If there is some interest (plausible) absolutely no-one knows what Albion's valuation is. It would never be discussed by them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Has Bloom gone soft? Since when has he ever gone public on the transfer fee required for a Brighton player?

It’s all just journo bullshit isn’t it?

No

This is how it will play out,

Representatives of lesser clubs:

'Hi is that Tony Bloom?'

'It is'

' I would like to talk about the availability of Yves Bissouma '

' No way, get lost do one, on yer bike, up yours.'.........slams down phone

Representative of Man City,

' Hi big Tone, Man City here, we were just wondering if you would listen to offers for Yves Bissouma? '

' Maybe.... we had an offer of 40 million & it is nowhere near'

' How does 50 million sound? '

' Deal.......I'll get me car keys'

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Except that Bissouma is a midfielder, Lawro was a CB (although we did occasionally play him in midfield, similar to the way we've sometimes used White this season).

Goal scoring ability pretty similar though!

Yes, I can recall Lawrenson firing some pretty wayward shots, all those years ago, having charged up the field leaving opposition players in his wake and then blasting the ball into the North Stand.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If we turned down Leeds £30M for White there is no way we’d sell Bissouma for £40M. If we keep our squad together I’m convinced we’ll be top ten even top eight next season, even without any new players. That alone could be worth another £10M in Premier League places. In addition if we keep Bissouma and climb the table the stock of ALL OUR PLAYERS will potentially rise. Bissouma alone could go up £5-£10M, maybe £55M. We have not sold a starting XI player, that we wanted to keep, since Ulloa. Buying, developing and selling young talent is a long term strategy. The only way I can see TB cashing in this summer is if Bissouma actually requests to leave and we are offered £50M+.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A number of years ago I made up an internet rumour about a player that Albion were interested in. It was placed in Twitter. I wanted to see what happened.

It was a plausible player, at the high end of expectations. I even made up a fake quote from a newspaper in his country.

It gained legs, was discussed widely in Twitter and only fell when Naylor, speaking to sources, said 'No'.

I remember when someone on here made up a rumour about an imaginary player (Greg Bobkin from Stevenage) that we were interested in buying. Sure enough, that was a rumour that was repeated on social media a couple of days later. Still, at least an NSC user got a username out of it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To compare and contrast both players, we need to see Bissouma at a club genuinely contending.

For Bissouma’s sake, I hope he doesn’t follow his heart as a boyhood Gooner and end up at Kroenke’s basket-case of a club.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I really don’t get people saying he isn’t ready. He’s been IMMENSE this year. I don’t think I’ve seen a better player in his position against us, and he’d improve every side in the league. He’s brilliant, and will play for a Champions League club (and do very well).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We paid £100,000 for Lawro in the summer of 1977, and sold him for £900,000 in the summer of 1981, I did get the sums right didn't I? :)

Wasn't Jimmy Case part of the deal. Was it £900k plus Case or Case plus cash upto the value of £900k. I can't ever recall any value being put on Case as part of the deal.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Wasn't Jimmy Case part of the deal. Was it £900k plus Case or Case plus cash upto the value of £900k. I can't ever recall any value being put on Case as part of the deal.

I'm not sure of the answer but usually with that much money the Case comes for free.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
White was only proven in the Champ but was English which is a factor on price. I agree Bissouma should be a hell of a lot more than 40M given what other players have gone for. We might find that if he wants to go and had been promised he'd be able to at a set future time and for a ballpark fee we do need multiple clubs involved to push the price.

If it's 40M upfront and then a lot of add ons it might be realistic but 50-60M seems fair sadly.

The more important part is we really need to get a couple of other signings done BEFORE the likely Bissouma deal is complete. Signing the same 25M striker would otherwise cost us 40M+ once the world knows we have all that money. One of those and a prospect or two while retaining the rest of our first team would be a good summer. I fear a CB might leave too though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here