Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawrenson Bissouma comparisons.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
40 years apart but almost a carbon copy situation, although it grieves me to say it both players of a level that is better than the Albion currently are now and were back in 1981.

Lawro's departure back then, for a club record fee and a 900% return on the original investment 4 years before, paved the way for the arrival of Jimmy Case and others, and set up two seasons Albion fans will never forget.

Biss has to be worth £40million even in the Covid affected market, with any one one of ESL Dirty Half Dozen potentially looking at him, if that money goes towards buying and paying that elusive striker we need then as sad as it will be to see him go, as in 1981 it will be for the best.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If you're going to effectively compare the two, we need to see Biss's score predictions every week. I'm pretty certain he'd p|ss all over Lawro (he'd at least be a bit more positive about us!)

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I thought you were going to compare mazy runs through the midfield only to balloon the ball into the North Stand. I can see it now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
40 years apart but almost a carbon copy situation, although it grieves me to say it both players of a level that is better than the Albion currently are now and were back in 1981.

Lawro's departure back then, for a club record fee and a 900% return on the original investment 4 years before, paved the way for the arrival of Jimmy Case and others, and set up two seasons Albion fans will never forget.

Biss has to be worth £40million even in the Covid affected market, with any one one of ESL Dirty Half Dozen potentially looking at him, if that money goes towards buying and paying that elusive striker we need then as sad as it will be to see him go, as in 1981 it will be for the best.
Wish l shared your optimism Ian, I secretly wonder if Biss really is quite as good as us wearers of blue & white striped tinted glasses really think he is?

More to the point, will any of those top six clubs be willing to shell out enough dough to force Tony's hand? This isn't the ideal time to be hoping for mega bucks returns on your best player.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would FAR rather listen to Yves Bissouma talk about football than Mark Lawrenson

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m not sure how the pandemic will effect Man City’s owners as most wealthy folk have increased their share of the pie in the last year or so but if they are willing to cough up £41m for the perma-benched Ake, they can cough up £50m+ for a Biss-shaped replacement for the Murray-aged Fernandinho.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
F2D23EC4-66FB-48D5-AD83-F09F9977AD5A.jpeg

If City are involved, along with the rumoured interest of Arsenal and Liverpool he’ll go for a lot more than 30 million.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Rich get richer, have no doubt

There is a question as to whether Bissouma dwoulc/could produce at the highest level, I'm sure in the right situation he will improive further still. . whether he becomes a great I don't know.

cashing in and being able to reinvest, particularly in a productive player as far as goals is concerned ( positive not negative goalsd) would be good for the club.

I believe we have ample cover in midfiald already, but its always possible to get better ( as well as worse!)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wish l shared your optimism Ian, I secretly wonder if Biss really is quite as good as us wearers of blue & white striped tinted glasses really think he is?

More to the point, will any of those top six clubs be willing to shell out enough dough to force Tony's hand? This isn't the ideal time to be hoping for mega bucks returns on your best player.

:wozza:

We could have a player score 50 goals next season and someone on here would find a way to moan about them

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
:wozza:

We could have a player score 50 goals next season and someone on here would find a way to moan about them

Hey who's moaning? certainly not me. He is undoubtably a very good player, just not quite the finished article yet and still has a bit to learn.

Personally l can't see anyone offering us the sort of money being talked about on here, not in this Covid stricken climate anyway. Let's wait and see.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
900% return, you say?

Well we apparently paid £15M for Biss, so I'd be holding out for £150M and not a penny less.

We paid £100,000 for Lawro in the summer of 1977, and sold him for £900,000 in the summer of 1981, I did get the sums right didn't I? :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hey who's moaning? certainly not me. He is undoubtably a very good player, just not quite the finished article yet and still has a bit to learn.

Personally l can't see anyone offering us the sort of money being talked about on here, not in this Covid stricken climate anyway. Let's wait and see.

All the top 6 are interested. They should be he gets in all of those sides, even City need to replace Fernandinho so i do think they could be genuinley in for him.

40M is still cheap in my books, someone will pay it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here