Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March wants to play for a bigger club - Guardian article.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
All players aspire to reach the top.

A great servant and I’d wish him well IF the day ever came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Get yourself fit Solly, continue the impressive rate improvement from recent years, and those bids may well start coming in

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is the same article - syndicated to The Guardian - that was published in the Set Piece a week or two ago. And discussed via
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387496-Solly-s-Future-Plans
Its a great piece written by 15 year old Charlie Rowan
Guardian have framed his rather innocuous line about wanting to play for a bigger club as the headline - he's also very gushing about his loyalty and love for the Albion

“It is hard to say why I love the club. But I do.
“It stems from the top down – from the chairman to the chefs and dinner ladies. The club is really tightly knit. I don’t think it’s like that everywhere, but at Brighton, we all just get along.”
As March says this, his pride is palpable. He remembers this is the club that gave him his big chance. But the ambition remains.
“I’ve never been close to leaving the club,” he confirms. “But there are always aspirations to play for as big a club as you can. No disrespect to Brighton, but if that opportunity comes, I will try and take it. I don’t think that’s too bad to say.”
Brighton are aspirational too and according to March, they’re aiming to “break into the top half.”
March believes “this is achievable within the next year or so”,

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Left foot forward. Right ~ not often.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I am truly shocked and insulted. When asked if he wanted to play for a bigger club or in Europe at a higher level he should have said "No, that would be a terrible thing, I never want to leave Brighton. That would make me vomit all day, every day. Also I'd like to be paid less money." What a Judas he is!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Get yourself fit Solly, continue the impressive rate improvement from recent years, and those bids may well start coming in
I agree with this. If he can get fit, he has the potential to be an absolutely fantastic player. He has been outstanding in several games this season.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's actually from the blog The Set Pieces. Great to see the Guardian giving it a bigger platform, it's a really interesting interview and the guy who wrote it is FIFTEEN (15). Imagine being published by a major newspaper at 15.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surprised to see no thread on this yet. Solly March putting himself in the shop window in the guardian?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rch-big-club-brighton-graham-potter-ambitions

Thanks for posting. Really insighful into the club itself, its ambition and the contributions to Solly's game from both CH and GP.

Solly's other club aspiration is just one comment. As with Matty Ryan, Bissouma or any player, who can blame them, they only have one bite at their career. Aim high.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This is the same article - syndicated to The Guardian - that was published in the Set Piece a week or two ago. And discussed via
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387496-Solly-s-Future-Plans
Its a great piece written by 15 year old Charlie Rowan
Guardian have framed his rather innocuous line about wanting to play for a bigger club as the headline - he's also very gushing about his loyalty and love for the Albion

So it’s all complete bullshit then if March said that. He was signing for Soton in Jan 2016 window but he did his knee, he’d agreed to the move, I know this from a source VERY close to it who I completely trust.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So it’s all complete bullshit then if March said that. He was signing for Soton in Jan 2016 window but he did his knee, he’d agreed to the move, I know this from a source VERY close to it who I completely trust.

Excellent :thumbsup:

I don't know whether anyone else has noticed, but there's been an absolute dearth of good sauces on NSC lately.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't really see a problem with what he's said. We all know players have ambition – everyone does.

The only way he will get a move (when he's fit again) is putting in top performances week in, week out, for Brighton. So it's a win-win because he helps the club and then gets sold for a profit.

It's all very well bigging up the youth players and buying young talent in, but if there are established players in front of them, then they'll never break through properly. The new model for the club seems to be something like a conveyer belt with players being developed and then sold on for a profit. Some of these might be established in the first team when they go (which might be the case with Biss in the summer) and others might not get near the first team, but go through the loan system and then leave without making a PL appearance.

Good luck to them – players will always come and go :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't really see a problem with what he's said. We all know players have ambition – everyone does.

The only way he will get a move (when he's fit again) is putting in top performances week in, week out, for Brighton. So it's a win-win because he helps the club and then gets sold for a profit.

It's all very well bigging up the youth players and buying young talent in, but if there are established players in front of them, then they'll never break through properly. The new model for the club seems to be something like a conveyer belt with players being developed and then sold on for a profit. Some of these might be established in the first team when they go (which might be the case with Biss in the summer) and others might not get near the first team, but go through the loan system and then leave without making a PL appearance.

Good luck to them – players will always come and go :shrug:

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here