Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
download.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
My old boat is still in Shoreham, not sure it'd make it accross the Channel now. GJGKJE.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
BBC now reporting that 2 French naval vessels have been deployed to waters near Jersey

My ship is bigger than yours :flounce:

They should put this on the comedy channel.

Made even funnier as some Jersey folk seem to support the French :lolol:

'Meanwhile there were some Jersey boats in support of the French, flying both French and Jersey flags, and also a couple that were there trying to stop the French from coming into the harbour'

A show of solidarity with Jersey. 'Err, yeah, about that...'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My ship is bigger than yours :flounce:

They should put this on the comedy channel.

Made even funnier as some Jersey folk seem to support the French :lolol:

'Meanwhile there were some Jersey boats in support of the French, flying both French and Jersey flags, and also a couple that were there trying to stop the French from coming into the harbour'

A show of solidarity with Jersey. 'Err, yeah, about that...'

Sssshhhh ! Now you're making the whole story look like a farce.

As mentioned earlier, 90% of the fish that is caught and farmed locally in Jersey is sent to mainland Europe, so it's really no surprise they're supporting their biggest customers :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
None.

It was an exasperated dig at the right wing press stirring things up.

'Boris sends gunboats to defend Jersey' says it all.

BBC 'The fishing boats are at the entrance to the island's main port of St Helier, but they pulled away earlier to allow a freight vessel to leave'

They made it clear last night that it was not going to be a blockade and they were pissing off home this afternoon.

As regards the electricity thing. It's all baloney. There is a contract that runs for a good couple of years or so yet and the electricity won't be cut off. It's an errant minister shouting his mouth off.

This is what I heard..in addition Jersey had consulted moneysupermarket .com and wanted a better tariff but weren’t willing to pay the £30 termination fee

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
Rejoin the EU and sit down with them to discuss like adults, much as we used to do (bar a handful of times).

Gunboats FFS. I f**k**g ask you...
Well we both know that's not going to happen,so I'll ask again,what would be your other option to stop foreign boats from blockading one of our ports? (Apart from bending over,grabbing your ankles and meekly acceding to their demands)

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
Exactly - When countries like China are imprisoning former UK Colony in Hong Kong he shits his pants

When Russia releases nerve gas to kill dissidents on British soil we shit our pants

But when countries like Argentina invade the Falklands or when a few French fishing boats catch a few extra fish we start sending sending gun boats all over the place. It's absolutely laughable.

Britain couldn't beat ''Sleep'' if it came to a fight - It's absolutely embarrassing to watch all this unfold
You've got some serious self hatred issues haven't you?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We all just need to believe in Britain and back Boris to get Jersey done. We're lucky to have a fighter like him in charge keeping the British end up for us all. :thumbsup:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Exactly - When countries like China are imprisoning former UK Colony in Hong Kong he shits his pants

When Russia releases nerve gas to kill dissidents on British soil we shit our pants

But when countries like Argentina invade the Falklands or when a few French fishing boats catch a few extra fish we start sending sending gun boats all over the place. It's absolutely laughable.

Britain couldn't beat ''Sleep'' if it came to a fight - It's absolutely embarrassing to watch all this unfold

:fishing::salute:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Daily Express headline that reads like an Enid Blyton novel.

Apparently our wealthy outpost needs protecting against the massed ranks of a few fishermen and their shaking fists.

100 French vessels will be sailing to Jersey this morning, farting in our general direction, and returning in the afternoon.

Let's just hope those dastardly frogs haven't been getting a few tips from the Reykjavik rebels of yesteryear...

Wall to wall coverage in the press. This conflict is sponsored by Harry Ramsdens.

I'd cut the power to it until its tax dodging residents pay what they owe on the mainland.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brilliant to see people standing up to us. We have ****ed everything up for almost five solid years and some didn’t think there’d be any consequences! What an inept, self-serving, corrupt, joke Britain has become.

#notinmyname

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There's been a Spitfire buzzing round Chichester this morning, I think Boris means business.

I'm going to check on the allotment later, barbed wire on my onions & garlic. Stay one step ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here