Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Boris sends gunboats to defend Jersey'

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Daily Express headline that reads like an Enid Blyton novel.

Apparently our wealthy outpost needs protecting against the massed ranks of a few fishermen and their shaking fists.

100 French vessels will be sailing to Jersey this morning, farting in our general direction, and returning in the afternoon.

Let's just hope those dastardly frogs haven't been getting a few tips from the Reykjavik rebels of yesteryear...

Wall to wall coverage in the press. This conflict is sponsored by Harry Ramsdens.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The Daily Express headline that reads like an Enid Blyton novel.

Apparently our wealthy outpost needs protecting against the massed ranks of a few fishermen and their shaking fists.

100 French vessels will be sailing to Jersey this morning, farting in our general direction, and returning in the afternoon.

Let's just hope those dastardly frogs haven't been getting a few tips from the Reykjavik rebels of yesteryear...

Wall to wall coverage in the press. This conflict is sponsored by Harry Ramsdens.

From the BBC article;
‘ The ships are routinely used for fisheries protection - with sailors able to board other boats for spot checks.’

So what’s the problem ?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Time to remember the immoral words of Henry V: “Cry cod for Harry, England and St George!”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From the BBC article;
‘ The ships are routinely used for fisheries protection - with sailors able to board other boats for spot checks.’

So what’s the problem ?

Just in a day’s work for the DABtoes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A light dusting of Rule Britannia propaganda for Election Day. Subtle as a house brick.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
St Helier's getting busy.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-2.147/centery:49.166/zoom:13

dusty-bin.jpg

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He’s done an amazing job at pissing off both our fishermen and french fishermen. Who would have thought brexit would have resulted in this eh

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Why can't our nation just f****** grow up.

The fact that Boris has calculated (correctly) that this will play well with the public says to me that our country is populated by jingoistic, exceptionalist idiots.

I want out

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
One of the two ships was anchored of Brighton last Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here