Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Premier League owner financing 2010 to 2020.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Found this little stat on reddit....

3ecsks66ybx61.jpg

Assuming it's genuine it would appear that there are only 4 other owners in the entire football league that have put more money into their clubs than Tony Bloom. And to think that I've seen people pissing and moaning on here that he won't "get his cheque book out" to sign a striker. :glare:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Tony Bloom we love you......

I dont understand why the Toon fans dont like Ashley after such a huge investment :shrug:

Surprised and low Leeds are.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
325 million is an astronomical amount of money. Anyone know what the breakdown of that is? The stadium was 90m? Training ground 30m? Anymore on infrastructure? How much is wages/transfer fees?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
325 million is an astronomical amount of money. Anyone know what the breakdown of that is? The stadium was 90m? Training ground 30m? Anymore on infrastructure? How much is wages/transfer fees?
I know Hughton spanked over £150m on transfer fees, and Potters first season was at least £50m

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

£90M was the original cost of the stadium, but East stand upper has been added, the corners filled in, new television studio, and other improvements made since the opening.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I know Hughton spanked over £150m on transfer fees, and Potters first season was at least £50m

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Hopefully TV money covered a decent percentage of that outlay. I guess it’s all covered in the accounts for anyone who wants to go looking through them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And there you have the price of building a club from the ground up to compete and be sustainable in the PL.

Are there fans of any British club more fortunate than us Albion fans?

Tony Bloom :bowdown:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Oh great, another chance for the wankpuffins to get a semi and say 'debt'.

Fair play to Levy. That's basically a free stadium he's sorted.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any idea how much the expansion and extras were? I believe the training ground has/is being improved too.

The various updates following the publishing of the annual accounts and the extent of Tony's investment - written by a DULLARD of this parish - are the best way of keeping across Albion's finances over the last decade. Have a look at the excellent posts collected here >>
http://priceoffootball.com/tag/brighton/

Here's the TB investment graph year by year.
bloom.png

SAC

May 21, 2014
The various updates following the publishing of the annual accounts and the extent of Tony's investment - written by a DULLARD of this parish - are the best way of keeping across Albion's finances over the last decade. Have a look at the excellent posts collected here >>
http://priceoffootball.com/tag/brighton/

Here's the TB investment graph year by year.
View attachment 136421

There is quite a difference between the £394 million here and £325 million in the OP graph.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
But running and infrastructure costs are very different? For example we have a state of the art stadium and academy whereas ManUre have run theirs into the ground?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
A huge investment by TB - but in terms of "value for money", it looks OK! It's taken a mid-table League One side with no ground and no training facilities to an established* Premier League team with an amazing 32k capacity stadium and state of the art training facilities. [*with the usual caveats]

Palace's owners' investment is obviously much lower - but they were already in the Championship 10 years ago, and already had a "stadium"....

Plus - many of the clubs in that graphic will have significant amounts of external debt (Spurs, for example!!)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Found this little stat on reddit....

View attachment 136397

Assuming it's genuine it would appear that there are only 4 other owners in the entire football league that have put more money into their clubs than Tony Bloom. And to think that I've seen people pissing and moaning on here that he won't "get his cheque book out" to sign a striker. :glare:

In short it can be broken down as:48% building infastructure, 45% on player sales, and the rest on operating losses and loan repayments.

If anyone wants to see the thread that this comes from in context it is from the ever reliable Swiss Ramble and is very genuine:

[tweet]1356140139244826624[/tweet]

Interesting tidbits from the thread for those TL;DR people:

We have a similar revenue (£124m) to AC Milan (£130m). This is excluding the Monks Farm development that made us an additional £9m in revenue last season.
AMEX sponsorship (Shirt, Training Ground, Stadium) has jumped from £1.5m last season to £8.3m this season. This will take us from 20th to 8th in the sponsorship table.
5th highest wages to turnover ration in the league.
Paul Barber is (deservedly IMO) one of the best paid directors in English football.
Tony Bloom is a living saint, and a true anomaly in the modern game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
78% wages to turnover, up from 69% in 2019 (5th highest in the division) isn't a trend I'd be comfortable seeing continue, albeit I appreciate the pandemic will have been a factor.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

£190.7m on infrastructure including fitting out. [Pre the stadium works carried out over the last year].

The rest on covering 12 years of trading losses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here