Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is your Albion mojo today?

Where is your Albion mojo today?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
PL survival pretty well guaranteed so where is your mojo?

Potter to Spurs would take mine lower than it has ever been since we reached the PL. Currently at 10

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've gone for 10.

Never enjoyed watching us more. I think we've got great people running the club, our best ever manager, a young squad full of promising and technically talented players and I'm massively excited about our potential on the pitch for next season. Hopefully going back to watch games next season is going to be unbelievable feeling too, I can't believe how much I've missed it.

(And my hero just scored a goal of the season contender at the weekend!)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
8, which is pretty flipping high for me, as l always seem to err on the side of caution.

But hey, we are almost guarranteed our Premier League place for one more season, are on the back of a great win against dirty Leeds FC, and the prospect of a return to the Amex fully stocked with fans is getting ever closer.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mid table purely given that I get far too nervous watching our games on TV, but looking forward to next season and a full Amex

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
9 out of 10. But slightly bittersweet.

Loved our win over Leeds and securing safety. Loving the way we play, love the players, the goals we score, full belief in the manager and the club.

Only bittersweet for me is that I think we should be higher in the league this season. I look at the table and there are teams I genuinely believe we are better than. I do think we’ve not had much luck and many of our draws we dominated and should have won.

Hopefully we can improve that though... already looking forward to next season and excited to see how we kick on with some new forward options.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Solid 8.
Bit disappointed it hasn’t been the breakthrough season I was hoping for.
But keeping our place in the Prem should always be treated as a big achievement for our club.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Mojo - 5. Still 4 games left of this horrible frustrating season of Sky and BT Sports coverage, and we're about to be dealt with an absolute avalanche of PR about how wonderful the season has been, even if it really hasn't for the most part.

Reasons to to be optimistic about next season- 9. Just about everything other than us possibly having to sell some big names is something to be excited about.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mine will never be higher than mid table all the time we can't go. A pop star (I forget who) once said miming on Top of the Pops was like "shagging with a Jonny on". Well, watching us on TV, combined with VAR is, compared to pre-VAR Amex games, like getting a hand job off one of the 2am "spares" from the Event. And with our finishing and the utterly shameful standard of VAR refereeing there's not even a guarantee of a happy ending.

No doubt this will disappoint the OP, who will accuse me of doom and gloom, but I'm just never going to enjoy lockdown football much. Assuming we are allowed back in the ground next season, and that the improvement shown in the second half of this season translates into a packed stadium, then my mojo will be turned up to 11 by August.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've gone a solid 8.
The results haven't always gone our way but we're playing the best football I've seen us play over my 30yrs supporting the Albion. Potter has done a fantastic job, we have one of the best runs clubs in the country, possibly the world, owners who care not only about the club but the fans and community too, plus year 5 of the premier league is all but assured.
With the acquisition of a decent striker over the summer, next season has the potential to be amazing. We would need to keep hold of our key players which I think will be hard this time round.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A solid 9, 1 point dropped for what Sanchez said to Dunk, after that chest back :lol:

"Fóllame dunky, podrías haberme advertido que estabas haciendo esa cosa del pecho,
no creo que el gimp Southgate estuviera mirando"

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I am delighted with our style of play and the progression of players.
If Mr Potter was to leave his replacement would have to fit his style, or my score would plummet.
Mr Barber would then have to be looked at closely too if he didn't come up with the same type of management.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mine will never be higher than mid table all the time we can't go. A pop star (I forget who) once said miming on Top of the Pops was like "shagging with a Jonny on". Well, watching us on TV, combined with VAR is, compared to pre-VAR Amex games, like getting a hand job off one of the 2am "spares" from the Event. And with our finishing and the utterly shameful standard of VAR refereeing there's not even a guarantee of a happy ending.

No doubt this will disappoint the OP, who will accuse me of doom and gloom, but I'm just never going to enjoy lockdown football much. Assuming we are allowed back in the ground next season, and that the improvement shown in the second half of this season translates into a packed stadium, then my mojo will be turned up to 11 by August.

I’m uplifted by the fact that you are currently rowing your 5 boat alone :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m uplifted by the fact that you are currently rowing your 5 boat alone :lolol:

I'm not. [MENTION=28257]Terry Butcher Tribute Act[/MENTION] has posted his is 5 but not voted so he's even less interested than I am :lolol:

Mine will never go higher until all fans (or at least the significant percentage that will allow me to go with my son and sit with all my mates around me as "normal") are back. Beating Dirty Leeds probably took it up from around a 2 to a 5.

Like I said it's not a dig at Potter or Bloom or you in particular, but if I'm going to be served up Cruyff turns and goals that come at the end of sixteen odd passes then I want to be there, with the added possibility that some drunken loon can fall over me in the ensuing celebrations. Lockdown football is shit. Football on TV is shit.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It doesn't matter where mine is today, it's now where it is at the start of next season that is important.

If we lose White, Bissouma and add nothing to the forward line but just keep Connolly and Maupay to swap missing open goals from within the 6 yard box - and in a worse case losing Wellbeck as well - then it'll be a 1 or a 2.

If we keep what we've got, add a new striker, See Solly and Lamptey back fit, then it'll be a 9 or a 10.

I'm sure it will be somewhere between those 2 extremes. Bissouma off and no recognised striker would be my crystal ball.

I believe in years to come we will look back at the quality of this years team and wonder how we only managed to get 40 odd points. You could argue that Bissouma, White, Lamptey and to a lesser extent Veltman and Webster could end up at a top 6 club (Dunk also, but I feel he would have gone by now if he were to get his chance). Coupled with the ex Internationals on the downgrade in Lallana and Welbeck and we really shouldn't have had to worry about what the Fulham score was at any point this year. We've got a player who often plays a number 10 role for the Dutch who rarely gets a chance off the bench FFS. It wasn't that long ago I was pleased we signed Alex Revell. Next year could either be potential becoming reality or partially re-starting the whole process.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Absolutely love the expansive free-flowing football that Potter's brought. It's a joy to watch.

Improvement in goalkeeping, miserly defence, midfield creativity and control. Just the clinical striking to resolve.

Yes, the season's had its frustrations results-wise by dropping points from winning positions, but we've still tried to play 'the right way' regardless.

The exciting thing is that there's still so much improvement for this team to make, especially in the final third.

If Potter stays and is backed in the transfer market, we could be next season's West Ham.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
10+++

Will get a 4th plus when we beat Wolves, or both Fulham and West Brom lose.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A solid 8. There are still 12 points to play for and we have a chance of overtaking Palace, but the Sheff Utd match was not so long ago and that was a shocker.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
7. This season of frustration culmination in the Sheff Utd shambles has taken a lot out of me. Leeds was good though, and our current league position leaves us clustered in amongst several safe clubs now. If we finish strongly, it'll go up to an 8.

As has been said by others though, it doesn't really matter. I just want it to be 9 or 10 by the start of next season. That means finding a loan club for Connolly, signing Welbeck and a really promising forward to offset Bissouma's probable departure.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
League status all but confirmed for next season, Playing the best football I can remember in 48 years of watching , U23s producing some excellent players , The Women's team beating Chelsea , and to top it off the U17s Cup final win today , if you're unhappy watching the club progress at every level now then you should stick to snooker and the shopping channel for your viewing pleasure .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here