Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Hayward on Latest TV

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Putting 50p on the side of a table at the Crucible :bowdown: :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's a naive idea that had the 12 clubs split away the ESL would have failed. It would not. The kids would have watched it and money would have been thrown at it. Ultimately, it would have worked, and those left behind would not have been able to compete.

We need to enshrine membership of domestic leagues over new shiny plastic leagues.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Well done Ian for the episode which I found very interesting.

I think the format works better with one guest rather than two.
However it's probably a lot easier for you when someone like Paul Hayward is your guest.

Keep up the good work.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A fascinating insight to football ( particularly the National side) and much more.

Well done Harty, another great show !

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was looking forward to his opinion of Albion and if he attends games etc but apart from first bit was just an advert for his book

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Was looking forward to his opinion of Albion and if he attends games etc but apart from first bit was just an advert for his book

There was 25 mins on the ESL and dementia, or did you miss that bit?

Don't really think it was an advert for the book either, aside from our respective clubs the England team is our second great footballing love.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
There was 25 mins on the ESL and dementia, or did you miss that bit?

Don't really think it was an advert for the book either, aside from our respective clubs the England team is our second great footballing love.

It was not a criticism. Of course his opinion of ESL is same as everybody. As he is a long time supporter was just interested in his views on Albion or as he is a well respected reporter maybe he feels more detached from Albion now

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It was not a criticism. Of course his opinion of ESL is same as everybody. As he is a long time supporter was just interested in his views on Albion or as he is a well respected reporter maybe he feels more detached from Albion now

He's still bleeds Blue and White...…….

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It's a naive idea that had the 12 clubs split away the ESL would have failed. It would not. The kids would have watched it and money would have been thrown at it. Ultimately, it would have worked, and those left behind would not have been able to compete.

We need to enshrine membership of domestic leagues over new shiny plastic leagues.

That's why I wanted them to go, so what was left behind was 4 competitive leagues, with realistic wage budgets and transfer fees.

Regardless of the ESL as PH stated if for the majority of Championship Clubs their wage bills represents 120% of their income, that's unsustainable whether the Big 6 are involved in domestic football or not?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's why I wanted them to go, so what was left behind was 4 competitive leagues, with realistic wage budgets and transfer fees.

Regardless of the ESL as PH stated if for the majority of Championship Clubs their wage bills represents 120% of their income, that's unsustainable whether the Big 6 are involved in domestic football or not?

But with the risk of dwindling crowds, a lack of revenue and large debts over many clubs heads, I think we would have seen many clubs simply wound up - ours included given the investment required to get to the PL. I think it is better to restructure the game with the big six on the inside.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Very interesting interview.
Interesting points about football/rugby players and dementia.
Enjoyed the England chat his book sounds really good.
I liked the opening credits too,I've never seen them before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here