Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hibs Albion

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Might even watch them in the Scottish cup final at the weekend now.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking forward to see Jan Mlakar and Tudor Baluta put Scotland on fire.

Would be a good step up for Mlakar, who hasn't shown much outside of Maribor in the Slovenian league. Difficult to place where Baluta is in terms of development - he was loaned out to Dynamo Kyiv, but has hardly played (mainly, but not entirely, due to injury). Only 6 (league) appearances on loan in two seasons, so he might well welcome a season at Hibs - apart from when he was loaned back to his previous club in 2019 he hasn't had a lot of luck with his loans.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
An interesting element to this for attracting young talent, is the fact that we now have strong relationships in Edinburgh and Brussels - two big and interesting cities. Maybe we can develop our relationship with St Pauli along similar lines (though I doubt a perceived "feeder club" status would sit well there).

If there's a young player weighing up his options of a club to sign for, we can say "we dont think you're quite ready for the PL, but how would you feel about spending a year in Edinburgh or Brussels learning your craft in the meantime?" Certainly a more attractive proposition than some of the towns in the lower leagues. If you're earning football money (even as an U23 youll have some money to burn), you want to have a good place to spend it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My god I’d love the SPL to become competitive with Hibs smashing the old firm, powered by the likes of Connolly, Molumby, Khadra & Østigård.

Oh man, that would be epic.

Imagine sending players like Taylor Richards up there too, or Longman. I’m certain they would do well in the SPL.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if there is a limit up there on loan players from a single club..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Clue ! Winter in Scotland = Sweden. Sussex = South of France (slight exaggeration for effect).:mad:

Not a huge difference between Edinburgh and England, especially the northern half of England. Nowhere in Scotland (other than the tops of Munros) as cold as parts of Sweden (Östersund for example!) Less difference between Edinburgh and Brighton than between Brighton and the south of France (and USG is nowhere near the south of France!)

Anyway, if it is colder, they'll just have to run faster to keep warm won't they, poor wee lambs ................................

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Way back at Withdean didn’t we have some sort of agreement with a team in France, possibly le Harve? What happened to that?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh man, that would be epic.

Imagine sending players like Taylor Richards up there too, or Longman. I’m certain they would do well in the SPL.

The old firm has been dominant since the days of Fergie at Aberdeen in the mid 80’s.

It would be stunning if some of our players helped overthrow the pair, absolutely stunning.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
More to do with the orientation of Lewes in terms of Catholic vs. Protestant.

Think: bonfires .......................................

You think there's a Catholic versus Protestant issue with Hibs and Hearts?

Neither set of fans care about it. It's not an issue whatsoever.

I've been there loads of times and this is definitely the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here