Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How long do C19 vaccine side effects take to manifest themselves?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I appreciate this should possibly be on the Covid sub forum but this isn't really about Covid as such but more looking for advice / experiences from those that have already been vaccinated.

I was given the AZ vaccine at 10am today and anecdotal evidence from others I have spoken to - plus guidance from the NHS staff administering the vaccine - was that I shouldn't be surprsied if I feel a bit rough for a while afterwards. So far I feel fine; perhaps a little fatigued but posibly no more so than I generally do on a Sunday evening.

So if I have gone 10hrs without feeling unwell / like I have mild flu etc, is the experience of others that I'm likely to avoid the worst of the side effects (ie headache, aches, fatigue etc)? Or are they likely to kick in in the middle of the night / tomorrow?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry mate. I got my side effects from 12-24 hours after and that's what they should have told you at the clinic.

Expect mild flu symptoms and a painful arm but it'll shift and it gives you an excuse to lie on the sofa for a day (hopefully you haven't got the kids to look after?).

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I appreciate this should possibly be on the Covid sub forum but this isn't really about Covid as such but more looking for advice / experiences from those that have already been vaccinated.

I was given the AZ vaccine at 10am today and anecdotal evidence from others I have spoken to - plus guidance from the NHS staff administering the vaccine - was that I shouldn't be surprsied if I feel a bit rough for a while afterwards. So far I feel fine; perhaps a little fatigued but posibly no more so than I generaly do on a Sunday evening.

So if I have gone 10hrs without feeling unwell / like I have mild flu etc, is the experience of others that I'm likely to avoid the worst of the side effects (ie headache, aches, fatigue etc)? Or are they likely to kick in in the middle of the night / tomorrow?

I had jab at 1pm and was fine when I went to bed at 10pm.
Woke up shivering and feeling really rough around 1.30am.
24 hours later I was feeling absolutely fine again.
If you do get side effects Paracetomol help a lot

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My work friend had hers early in the day, and developed side effects around 9 in the evening. My understanding is it's 1 in 4 that has side effects, so you might not get any. But she said she was feeling quite cocky as the day went on not feeling any effects, then in the evening she started to turn. Knocked her out for the following day (friday) - she felt like near death, but by the saturday she was fine.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
more likely manifest overnight, i had mine in the morning, and woke up the following day with a stinking headache and that i am about to get man flu feeling, and an arm that ached for 3 days.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve only had first jab and only had a slightly sore arm...and I mean slight...didn’t even stop me sleeping on that side

I would add I took a couple of paracetamol just before jab and just before bed as a precaution

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I had jab at 1pm and was fine when I went to bed at 10pm.
Woke up shivering and feeling really rough around 1.30am.
24 hours later I was feeling absolutely fine again.
If you do get side effects Paracetomol help a lot

Mmmm... thanks. This is what I'm kind of expecting but hoping wouldn't be the case. Bank Holiday Monday down the shitter then :down:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
10 years and they will blame the Government for not foreseeing this.
Also there will be some claims of discrimination for sure.

In the real world.... no side effects from first AZ jab.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sorry mate. I got my side effects from 12-24 hours after and that's what they should have told you at the clinic.

Expect mild flu symptoms and a painful arm but it'll shift and it gives you an excuse to lie on the sofa for a day (hopefully you haven't got the kids to look after?).

And even if you dont feel a painful arm or flu like symptoms, you can still fake it for a day watching the footie or IPL on the sofa free from domestic duties!

With my 1st jab (taken at 9am) on a sat morning it was the sat overnight that I was rough. Just a sweaty chill all night and aching as if I had the flu. Started easing during the Sunday and other than sore arm for a week that was it really. 2nd jab 4 weeks later just the tiredness for 24 hours.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

FFS.

I booked it for a Sunday based on the fact that if I felt like shit the following day I'd just take Monday off work. Of course, when I booked it I completely overlooked the fact that the following Monday was a Bank Holiday. Knob.

:shootself

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I was given the AZ vaccine at 10am today and anecdotal evidence from others I have spoken to - plus guidance from the NHS staff administering the vaccine - was that I shouldn't be surprsied if I feel a bit rough for a while afterwards. So far I feel fine; perhaps a little fatigued but posibly no more so than I generally do on a Sunday evening.

Didn’t really get anything noticeable apart from being a bit lethargic when running the following day. I know quite a few others that were largely unaffected too, and any that have had side effects seem to have had them pretty quickly (within say 24 hours, most sooner than that). All seems a bit random......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here