Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Beach Huts: What GIVES?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
WELL [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]? ???

Has always struck me as spending a sunny day in a garden shed on a public footpath. Or am I missing something?

Walton-on-the-Naze: 'People are almost panic buying beach huts'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-56901720

Spot on.:lolol:
£30,000 valuation on my shed along by The Drive.
You've left out the delightful smell of dog's pee and human pee.Broken glass and rubbish. Non stop maintenance plus £400 rent p.a. to the council. Costs me £200 each visit.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Spot on.:lolol:
£30,000 valuation on my shed along by The Drive.
You've left out the delightful smell of dog's pee and human pee.Broken glass and rubbish. Non stop maintenance plus £400 rent p.a. to the council. Costs me £200 each visit.
£30k for a piss soaked shed ??? Bargain :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A certain section of beach huts in Bexhill, actually have a monorail, that runs along the beach, stopping at all stops for the local crustys.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
£30k for a piss soaked shed ??? Bargain :lolol:

£50 a day hire. Be lucky to get 100 days a year booked in the UK. Would take 6 years just to make the £30k back, never mind costs.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, the Hove ones aren't great because there is a public path between you and the beach and you're gonna be gawped at by dog walkers and roller bladers. Nicer in Shoreham and Lancing where you are actually on the beach. 30K is a lot of money. But I think they should be expensive, especially the ones on the beach. You're taking a part of the beach away from the public. It should cost.

Personally, I do not like the concept of beach huts. I don't like the way humans cannot just go to a nice beach and be happy to share it with others. No, they have to plant their flag in it, so to speak. They have to own a bit if it. Extraordinarily stupid behaviour when one takes a moment to think about it.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Somebody paid £75k for a single garage in Shoreham a couple of years ago. More than my first house!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Somebody paid £75k for a single garage in Shoreham a couple of years ago. More than my first house!

I’m presuming that garage must have had some land or potential to develop because the average for a garage in shoreham is less than half that amount .

However in very expensive areas like Knightsbridge in London even a secure parking space can fetch £150,000 , a garage could be as high as £300,000 . You can buy a modest house in most places up north for that amount .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
WELL [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]? ???

Has always struck me as spending a sunny day in a garden shed on a public footpath. Or am I missing something?

Walton-on-the-Naze: 'People are almost panic buying beach huts'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-56901720

Depends where it is. As you say on a path with everyone walking by isn't my idea of nice but if it's actually on a beach like in Lancing then I'd have one.

el punal

A certain section of beach huts in Bexhill, actually have a monorail, that runs along the beach, stopping at all stops for the local crustys.

Monorail eh? Perhaps the Albion could buy and install it between the West Upper and Falmer station for us privileged few. Absolute dedicated service where we take priority on boarding the trains before the rest of you horrible oiks. :drink:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Monorail eh? Perhaps the Albion could buy and install it between the West Upper and Falmer station for us privileged few. Absolute dedicated service where we take priority on boarding the trains before the rest of you horrible oiks. :drink:
I would be concerned about you lot getting crushed in the monorail queue on 70 minutes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here