Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma, will he stay or will he go?

Bissouma, will he stay or will he go?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much speculation in the press, what is your gut feeling (or even better ITK comments)

I am not convinced he will go although I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. The fee could be a barrier as I don’t see the suggested 30 million being enough and just maybe he will want to stay for another season. We may also want to cash in to fund a striker as we may have enough to feel we can replace him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Much speculation in the press, what is your gut feeling (or even better ITK comments)

I am not convinced he will go although I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. The fee could be a barrier as I don’t see the suggested 30 million being enough and just maybe he will want to stay for another season. We may also want to cash in to fund a striker as we may have enough to feel we can replace him.

The £30m to Spuds story in the Star seems utter BS to me (unless they are also giving us Sessegnon).

However, I’ve realised that he is off for some time now. The huge debts the club are racking up are undesirable allied to the hints about ‘not standing in the way of a player’s career’ people like Potter have been dropping all season.

I am relishing every moment we have Biss in the stripes (pin) at the moment and generally focusing in on him with and without the ball during games. I love him and whilst I’d love him to stay, I’ve already emotionally prepared myself for news of his exit to avoid shock and hurt come the summer (unless Palace buy him or course!).

If he has to go, I’d love to see him sign for PSG at double what Spuds want to pay.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Stay. Better contract. No one (post covid) will meet the Albion’s valuation. Potter, Dunk and the club will say give us one more year and see where we can go. A big POTS vote would help.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I believe he has two years left on his current contract?
The club won't want his contract to run down to only a year, so if he does stay with us, the Albion would want to get him to commit to a new deal.

Our best hope for cashing in is a bidding war. And there seems to be a bit of noise coming out of both Arsenal and Liverpool. Both clubs would probably be me more likely to be able to afford him if they have Champions League income next season.
Which makes Arsenal's second leg tie with Villarreal very big next week.

I would hope we could get £45m to £50m.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think he has 2 years left on his current deal at the end of the season. He goes if he won't sign a new one and I can't believe we haven't been trying to get him to put pen to paper. Odds on, he goes.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Would love him to stay 100%. Please sign a new deal.

Yesterday showed how crucial he was to us, becoming a situation where he's worth MORE to us (similar to Dunky speculation last summer)

If he HAD to go anywhere, I'd be okay with a Dortmund or a Liverpool etc. I think I'd be very disappointed in him and his agent if they went Arsenal.

scooter1

How soon is now?
All this talk of a depressed transfer market, yet still strong rumours of some big deals in the offing(Haaland, Sancho etc). If by chance we get caught in the tail wind of that merry go round money, then Bissoumas apparent valuation may get. He’s had a great season, and I’d love him to stay but don’t think he will

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don’t believe Bloom will not sell him but will certainly hold all the cards. £30m won’t buy his boots.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I think if he'd got more shots on target or 2 or 3 more goals this season then yes he'd be off to one of the top clubs but I can't see it this year. Mind you he's definitely better than the likes of McTominay and Fred.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He’s almost certainly off and it will be for £50m+. Far too many people interested for us to not attract the right offer. Tony will want the money to reinvest and Bis will want to go.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
i think he or Ben White will go in order to fund debts or a striker. The interesting (worrying) question is whether we will let both of them go..?
I'm not sure White will go, he needs another season of good form to convince the big boys he is worth the fee we will ask IMO.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He’s almost certainly off and it will be for £50m+. Far too many people interested for us to not attract the right offer. Tony will want the money to reinvest and Bis will want to go.

Just a fantastic player.

Hopefully we can get to £60m, but the above is about right.....

Hoping Caciedo comes on......

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Andy Naylor has reported we won't even start talking to teams unless it's upwards of £40 million. I've never known the club actively trying to work a transfer fee in the press since Zamora was sold, maybe that's something we've got from Ashworth

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How can we build a team when we have to sell players. Yes I know the Saints way, with just about every player they nurture moving on for big money and winning titles, but surely we should be keeping the odd star that we have rather than welcoming has beens like Lallana* & Wellbeck*. We should be using Biss as a target for that elusive striker and be saying "look, we have people to supply you the ball".
*Two exceptional players but lets be honest, past their prime.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Would love him to stay 100%. Please sign a new deal.

Yesterday showed how crucial he was to us, becoming a situation where he's worth MORE to us (similar to Dunky speculation last summer)

If he HAD to go anywhere, I'd be okay with a Dortmund or a Liverpool etc. I think I'd be very disappointed in him and his agent if they went Arsenal.
Interesting, because I think Arsenal would be absolutely ideal for him. There is no way on earth he wouldn't improve them, whereas going to Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea he might not have that impact and would quickly be under pressure. Spurs are just too much of a basket case club for him, imo. I'd back him to improve them but wouldn't trust them to bring the right manager in to get the best out of their players, and they are in trouble as soon as Kane or Son have had enough.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. And if those clubs are interested and prepared to pay, I'd be horrified to find we were standing in his way. It is absolutely imperative that we help players progress if we are to continue attracting good players.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting, because I think Arsenal would be absolutely ideal for him. There is no way on earth he wouldn't improve them, whereas going to Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea he might not have that impact and would quickly be under pressure. Spurs are just too much of a basket case club for him, imo. I'd back him to improve them but wouldn't trust them to bring the right manager in to get the best out of their players, and they are in trouble as soon as Kane or Son have had enough.

The BBC website gossip section says the Star reckon they can get him for £30m. Wishful thinking.

Despite the pandemic and lack of income, I don’t think we are in a need to sell position.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All depends on the right offer; which probably won’t come in the current transfer market.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just a fantastic player.

Hopefully we can get to £60m, but the above is about right.....

Hoping Caciedo comes on......

This.

You look at the fees for unproven (in the EPL) central midfield talent like Partey, Fred and Ndombele and then compare them to Biss.

£60m in 2019 pre-covid would be around the market rate for a man who will own the midfield in the Premier League for you in most matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here