Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brilliant

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It’s only fair, after I started a thread calling the Sheff United performance pathetic.

I don’t buy into every team we beat have had a bad game. We stopped them playing twice this season and have showed truly how average Leeds are. Well done to Potter and all the Lads. Time for a beer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Staying up - and feels sweet. Def a top 10 side!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I didn't see many of Leeds' attempts. In January it felt like their attempts were wayward and their passing off - as much as we stopped them, they still had enough chances to get something, but were not on scoring form. Today, I didn't see that. Admittedly I was also checking my phone a lot so may have missed some wild shots that were wasteful, but it feels like today was more us stifling them, whereas the away felt like it was part us stifling them, part them not finishing/passing well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but I didn't see many of Leeds' attempts. In January it felt like their attempts were wayward and their passing off - as much as we stopped them, they still had enough chances to get something, but were not on scoring form. Today, I didn't see that. Admittedly I was also checking my phone a lot so may have missed some wild shots that were wasteful, but it feels like today was more us stifling them, whereas the away felt like it was part us stifling them, part them not finishing/passing well.

Really?

My recollection of the January game is that they created an excellent chance in about the 2nd minute, and barely had another effort for the rest of the match :shrug:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are going to beat our previous record of 4 seasons at the top level.

As the Black Eyed Peas once sang. "I have a feeling that tonight's going to be a good night". :whisky: :drink::drink:

Roll on MOTD

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I swear we have the most fickle fan base. One week we think we are doomed, the next we are a top 10 side.

Happy for you to find a post to show myself being fickle and claiming we’re doomed. You’ll find plenty of posts from me saying we’re a mid table side though :thumbsup: Feel free to get searching.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hopefully all the other PL managers were watching and can scupper them next season, seeing them back in the lower tier where they belong

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Speak for yourself. Many of us aren’t fickle.

New fan maybe? I have to say i like to think I’m farrrrr from fickle. Like many, I’ve done the shit years! Wonder if he has...?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I swear we have the most fickle fan base. One week we think we are doomed, the next we are a top 10 side.

Have to agree that there's a core of 'Potter Out' fans that seem to revel in us losing to SU or the Scum, but go AWOL on excellent performances like that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We are going to beat our previous record of 4 seasons at the top level.

As the Black Eyed Peas once sang. "my humps my humps my lovely lady lumps". :whisky: :drink::drink:

Roll on MOTD

Not entirely sure that's relevant but each to their own.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It’s only fair, after I started a thread calling the Sheff United performance pathetic.

I don’t buy into every team we beat have had a bad game. We stopped them playing twice this season and have showed truly how average Leeds are. Well done to Potter and all the Lads. Time for a beer.

Good thread.

I wouldn't say Leeds are an average side though. I think they are a decent team and I enjoy watching them play. However, in both games this season we have bossed them and limited them to nearly no efforts on target. Congratulations to us !!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Happy for you to find a post to show myself being fickle and claiming we’re doomed. You’ll find plenty of posts from me saying we’re a mid table side though :thumbsup: Feel free to get searching.

Quite.

We are not fickle.

A small proportion of the content majority post something cheery after a win.

A large proportion of the small number of fickle fans swing back and forth depending on results. Some post.

A very large proportion (more than 110% I would estimate) of the malcontent minority are gobbing off at every tiny opportunity then melt away when we do well.

It's a funny old game.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US

Sorry, I retract my statement then.
Perhaps what I meant is that we shouldn’t be so pessimistic with results like that against Sheffield United. And we should be cautiously optimistic with result like today. I’m not saying we can’t be a top 10 side, but it’s not an easy task!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here