Date: Saturday 1st May 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Dan cook, Neil Davies
Fourth Official: John Brooks
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Additional VAR: Lee Betts

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defender Ben White returns from suspension to face his former club.

Midfielder Adam Lallana is struggling with a tight calf, while forward Percy Tau has returned to training after a hamstring problem.

Leeds United winger Raphinha remains out with a hip injury, but forward Rodrigo has overcome a muscle issue.

Club captain Liam Cooper serves the final game of a three-match ban for his red card versus Manchester City.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have won seven of their past eight league games against Leeds United.
    [*=left]Leeds have lost four consecutive league games at Brighton without scoring.
    [*=left]Leeds United's last away victory at Brighton was by 3-0 in League One at the Withdean Stadium in November 2009.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won just two Premier League matches at the Amex Stadium this season.
    [*=left]However, they have kept five clean sheets in their past seven home games.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have failed to score in their last three fixtures despite attempting 51 shots.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay has four goals in five league appearances against Leeds, including the winner at Elland Road earlier this season.
Leeds

• [*=left]Leeds are unbeaten in six Premier League games, their best top-flight run since November 2001 (W3, D3).
    [*=left]They have won nine of their 10 games against the Premier League's current bottom seven, with the only defeat coming at home to Brighton in January.
    [*=left]Illan Meslier, at 21 years and 52 days, became the youngest goalkeeper to reach 10 Premier League clean sheets in a season after he kept out Manchester United last weekend.
    [*=left]Patrick Bamford has scored nine of his 14 Premier League goals away from home this season.

Graham Potter's Leeds United Press Conference

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Game's being shown live on Amazon Prime. 30 day free trial available, cancel anytime (help support NSC by using link to Amazon at top of this page)

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This is a Mayday alert ! Mayday Mayday....to Leeds United..
Prepare to meet the Seagulls. We beat you once this season and can do so again..

Joking apart, we really can win this , if the players bring their scoring boots , we get the rub of the green, and the gods of VAR smile on us. It is great to have a 3pm kickoff, viewable free if, like me your other half is a prime customer...so it had better be good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t wait but I am very very nervous about this game. Don’t let Patrick Bamford come back to haunt me after my pre season prediction that he would be absolute pants at this level :lolol:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Worried after last weeks performance. We need the team to man up and be counted. I don’t want to see this slow build up and no passing backwards to Sanchez when in the final third. We can do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Polar opposite of last week's debacle, Leeds will be put to the sword.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wheel loose 2 -0

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
MASSIVE game for us today as doing the double over the MIGHTY Leeds Utd, coached by the BEST manager in the WORLD means we will almost certainly be included in the next ESL breakaway group... also 3 points would be helpful [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Oh me oh my, I hate games like this! It is so difficult to call, Dirty Leeds are unfortunately capable of giving any team a good run for their money as can we, I just hope the Albion put in one of those performances they have against the like of Spurs,Liverpool etc. and hopefully get the 3 points we need, if I could choose any of the remaining matches to win it would be this one, come on Seagulls please don't let us down (again)!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Focus and professionalism this time please albion.

No repeat of last week's debacle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Home to Leeds is normally a banker three points but I'm not nearly so confident against the Bielsa vintage who could do anything.

The Covid restrictions really bite for me on days like this. A 3pm Saturday home game against a side who will fill the away end is what it's all about. Ordinarily the day would have been totally written off with a pub / ground / concourse combo :down:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think we might miss Lallana’s invention.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'll be more focused on Fulhams game v Chelsea at 17.30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here