Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] On the weekend of a social media blackout, this is reported...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56940793

Scottish footballer quits the game (both the game he was in and football altogether) over unconscionable abuse from another player.

Good on him for the strength of character to talk about his battles in the first place and then again for the strength to walk away from negativity. Shame it had to come to that though.

I do that any player caught making comments like the ones talked about in this case is banned for life from the game.
This is not "banter" nor is it gamesmanship. This is evil.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Jonathon Tiffoney is the abuser . Captain of Stenhousmuir, and convicted sexual abuser. He told David Cox to"make a better job than the first time" .

This fella is vile, he was convicted of filming himself having sex with a woman and distributing the images. He was also found guilty of spitting at the woman at the trial.

It's a shame David Cox didn't break both his legs before he walked off.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
people coming off social media will make zero difffernce and if anything is a win for racists

I think you're wrong.

It may force the social media companies to finally do something about this. I imagine that like a one day strike, this is a shot across the bows and more actions will take place if this is ignored.
The social media companies are getting a load of bad publicity atm.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Scottish footballer quits the game (both the game he was in and football altogether) over unconscionable abuse from another player.

Good on him for the strength of character to talk about his battles in the first place and then again for the strength to walk away from negativity. Shame it had to come to that though.

I do that any player caught making comments like the ones talked about in this case is banned for life from the game.

You’re the first here to break the social media abstinence.

We’re all giving NSC a break for 4 days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wow. That's disgusting. Luckily at 32 his career is behind him. But what about the poor younger players with issues.

Anyway, on a postive, I think we may be entering a new era of 'no tolerance for *****'. Hopefully the **** in this story is defenestrated soon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you're wrong.

It may force the social media companies to finally do something about this. I imagine that like a one day strike, this is a shot across the bows and more actions will take place if this is ignored.

Agree.

You don't walk off the pitch just because your first shot goes over the bar.

:thumbsup:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I think you're wrong.

I agree with this, its definitely a start and will gain traction.. given momentum, and a few high profile digital advertisers jumping on board maybe withdrawing then I think the platforms will start to act. Time will tell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here