Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Lewes St Michaels CC are looking for players

BarStaff216

Aug 6, 2011
Lewes St Michaels Cricket Club were formed in 1889, we pride ourselves on being a friendly and participation focused club. The club has seen many successes over the years, including winning the InterSport of Lewes trophy in 2012, as well as, promotion to Division 1 of the old East Sussex Cricket League. However, we have also been the victim of our own success, as players have moved away from Lewes, started families or simply not been able to commit the time to play cricket regularly, so like many other smaller cricket clubs in Sussex, we find ourselves struggling for players.

We have two Saturday teams playing in Division 8 and 12 of the Sussex Cricket League. The club is situated at the Convent Field behind Lewes Football Club

So if you are interested in playing cricket, please contact us at: LewesStMichaelsCC@gmail.com or look us up on Facebook: LewesStMichaelsCC

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm in.

You hit the ball with a bat and then run for a bit or is this the one where you brawl with about 25 other players..?

Either way, I'm in. Just need to get my arse over there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm in.

You hit the ball with a bat and then run for a bit or is this the one where you brawl with about 25 other players..?

F2BFA862-0B92-4D75-A73B-0C3C697C9B2A.jpeg

:)

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'm in.

I was a bowler, so I was always aiming to hit the man with the bat with the ball. In my late teens I realised I was never going to be fast enough to back up the aggressive staring, and my back went.

As a sport, it's ideal preparation for being a Brighton supporter. Hours spent standing around in the rain, optimistic of success, before failure comes quickly, suddenly and frequently.

The most common score for an individual batsman in cricket is, by some distance, 0.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Played for Lewis st michaels for many years from the first team, seconds and the final years helping out the thirds.

Very friendly sociable clubs and by far the best teas in the East Sussex league

...although still miffed when I hit a ton at the Battle ground against Battle 2’s, no one clapped as they were all faffing about in the nets!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Played for Lewis st michaels for many years from the first team, seconds and the final years helping out the thirds.

Very friendly sociable clubs and by far the best teas in the East Sussex league

...although still miffed when I hit a ton at the Battle ground against Battle 2’s, no one clapped as they were all faffing about in the nets!

Fair enough, as 100 at Battle is only worth about 30 on a normal ground...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here