Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who would do the best job as Spurs manager

Who would do the best job as Spurs manager

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just the two choices, which one would do the best job?

The England manager should win this by a country mile...but will he?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
GP obviously.

Some say he didnt achieve anything yet in his career and that is one opinion you can have, but he still achieved more than GS.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
GP obviously.

Some say he didnt achieve anything yet in his career and that is one opinion you can have, but he still achieved more than GS.

Southgate was very fortunate to get the England job. His main credential being he was English, which fit the strange, possibly xenophobic desire at the time for an English manager again. Southgate had a very very average club career as manager.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's quite a subjective question really.

For me, the "best job" would be to relegate them through the leagues until their fans can jizz themselves over expensive pints that fill up from the bottom of the glass while watching Harry Kane do his best to back into and injure a Sunday league centre back.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Southgate. He's worked with plenty of the players, including their superstar, and got to a World Cup Semi Final.

GP is a good manager, and I'm sure that his level will eventually be above ours but right now, Southgate is a far more obvious choice.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Shouldn't the poll be

' who would do the best job as England manager?'

Might be a different answer though... quite likely. Southgate as a player/U21/England manager knows that job quite well and its a huge advantage that he's been doing the whole "living in a boring hotel for a month" thing quite a few times. Also Potters coaching style with the periodisation etc. wont work in a national team so it would be a very different thing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The skillsets required for domestic and international management are different. Someone like Potter will always do better domestically as you get to mould players and systems over months to suit your philosophy and style preference, can bring in the players to do that and can essentially have all the time in the world to mould it. International management is different, you need to get a group of players together and psyched up for a few games before letting them go again for possibly some months ahead. The only time it ever really draws parallels is at tournaments, but they don't last long enough.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Southgate was very fortunate to get the England job. His main credential being he was English, which fit the strange, possibly xenophobic desire at the time for an English manager again. Southgate had a very very average club career as manager.

Given the two preceding managers were both English, I was under the impression that his main qualification was that he happened to be walking past the room while they were trying to think of anybody still both available and willing to do the job.

Maybe he had his own pencil case as well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Given the two preceding managers were both English, I was under the impression that his main qualification was that he happened to be walking past the room while they were trying to think of anybody still both available and willing to do the job.

Maybe he had his own pencil case as well.

After he Capello failure and the Allardyce debacle I just think they wanted something very simple and familiar. Someone without real identity/bagage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here