Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are the Champions

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
63 years ago today in front of 31,038 supporters at the Goldstone the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion won there first League title beating Watford 6-0 with Hove born Adrian Thorne hitting 5 . Post that in the changing room for tomorrow GP . Stand or Fall , Up the Albion . :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The only promotion match I wasn't at. It would have been difficult talking my Dad in to taking me. In fact it would have been difficult talking. I was only two years' old!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...... and IIRC there were mutters of 'fix' from either Brentford or Plymouth back then. So, that along with events at the dell, should we nominate April 30th. as National Fix Day?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The only promotion match I wasn't at. It would have been difficult talking my Dad in to taking me. In fact it would have been difficult talking. I was only two years' old!

Two years, 5 months and 22 days old. Still wasn't there though. If you were there did you smell my Uncle smoking his pipe? Bet he was there back then.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
63 years ago today in front of 31,038 supporters at the Goldstone the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion won there first League title beating Watford 6-0 with Hove born Adrian Thorne hitting 5 . Post that in the changing room for tomorrow GP . Stand or Fall , Up the Albion . :albion2::albion2::albion2:

An amazing night by all accounts. 3 years before I was born but a good friend watched it all from the Albion dugout as a young boy and says it was an incredible evening.
https://thegoldstonewrap.com/tag/adrian-thorne/

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
The next game was a bit interesting as well, by all accounts.

Boro 9-0 ???

They also beat us at the Goldstone 6-4

But we actually finished above them in the league

I presume we kept the trophy as it was the last season of div 3 South?

MisterE

Nov 2, 2009
This was the very first Albion match that I went to see. Adrian also got me all the BHA autographs that year
Hardly missed a match since

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
An amazing night by all accounts. 3 years before I was born but a good friend watched it all from the Albion dugout as a young boy and says it was an incredible evening.
https://thegoldstonewrap.com/tag/adrian-thorne/

That is a great read , thank you so much for that . Reading some of that all i can say is , it`s a small world and boy are there some coincidences . :thumbsup:

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea

I was eight and my father wouldn't take me . I had to wait until next season to experience my first game. The rest is history nearly 2000 games later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here