NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
10/03/2116? Damn, time flies...

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can’t help but think I’ve missed out a bit...either that or my memory’s getting worse

Would explain why lockdown feels like it's dragged so much TBH

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Premier League 10/03/2116-26/4/21

We beat Leeds scum.

Fulham are demolished at Stamford Bridge later.

And we can then all put our feet up and get the cigars out on Saturday night.

If the opposite happens there’ll be a nuclear meltdown in this place.

Jimmy Grimble

Brighton favs with the longest odds being Leeds (by a smidgeon)...despite Leeds being on a good run

The bookies have had us as favourites against ‘the other 14’ so many times this season.

I can only assume they’ve been pricing us up on the xG/xGA stats, as the league table and our home form would indicate we should not be favourites.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We beat Leeds scum.

Fulham are demolished at Stamford Bridge later.

And we can then all put our feet up and get the cigars out on Saturday night.

If the opposite happens there’ll be a nuclear meltdown in this place.

If the opposite does happen, with Fulham playing Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle and only 4 points behind, we are in deep trouble. God help us!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If the opposite does happen, with Fulham playing Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle and only 4 points behind, we are in deep trouble. God help us!

Really? We wouldn't be in deep trouble. If they are only 4 points behind us, they will potentially be 6 behind those other teams... Why would Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle roll over.

We also have to play Wolves and Arsenal who I think we will beat. Could possible get something against West Ham too.

You worry too much.

Chill. We are safe

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Such a big difference between Best and Worst Case Scenarios

Best
Triple whammy of glory - Palace lose, we win and Fulham lose. We are fully safe (and likely 14th), just 1 point behind Palace with far better GD.

Worst
Horrendous - Palace win, we lose and Fulham. Dreams of catching Palace are over with a 7 point gap. And Fulham are 4 points behind with 4 games to go, and would absolutely see it as game on.

Knowing us it'll be some fudge down the middle that doesn't quite see us safe.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Really? We wouldn't be in deep trouble. If they are only 4 points behind us, they will potentially be 6 behind those other teams... Why would Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle roll over.

We also have to play Wolves and Arsenal who I think we will beat. Could possible get something against West Ham too.

You worry too much.

Chill. We are safe

In fairness, I'll be worrying if we are 4-0 up tomorrow with 5 minutes to play so you're probably right :)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'll be happy if we finish Saturday having just matched Fulham's result. 4 games to go with the 7 point gap maintained and only a miracle could save Fulham.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Such a big difference between Best and Worst Case Scenarios

Best
Triple whammy of glory - Palace lose, we win and Fulham lose. We are fully safe (and likely 14th), just 1 point behind Palace with far better GD.

Worst
Horrendous - Palace win, we lose and Fulham. Dreams of catching Palace are over with a 7 point gap. And Fulham are 4 points behind with 4 games to go, and would absolutely see it as game on.

Knowing us it'll be some fudge down the middle that doesn't quite see us safe.

This really feels like the week where the result for us really has the potential to massively change the way our season is seen.

Win and I think our worries are virtually over (not mathematical but not far off). Lose and we're nervously looking over our shoulder, even if Fulham lose we'll look like we've hit bad form at the worst time which gives them hope.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really cant care less about 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, catching Palace etc... the season didnt go as any of us hoped, that is already established and wont really be changed (though 4 or 5 wins, however unlikely, would probably make me rethink it a little bit). As things went, its only about avoiding relegation now. I think its already done but another couple of points would secure it. Would be pleased with just one point against Leeds.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I appreciate the focus is on Fulham for us, but it would be nice that if West Brom lose, and we win, then they cannot overtake our points tally with just 4 games left.. looking for all the positives !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We could be 14th. after the weekend. We could have gone to 14th. after last weekend ............

I've come to the conclusion that looking up is bad for the Albion, this season at least.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Mojo still low after last week and very much meh about tomorrow as it stands.

Bound to change after 3 hours pre match in the boozer

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Really cant care less about 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, catching Palace etc... the season didnt go as any of us hoped, that is already established and wont really be changed (though 4 or 5 wins, however unlikely, would probably make me rethink it a little bit). As things went, its only about avoiding relegation now. I think its already done but another couple of points would secure it. Would be pleased with just one point against Leeds.

The frustrating thing is that it’s only a fine line from having a few of those ridiculous smash and grabs and draws going our way to having a very GOOD season. The fine margins are ridiculous. That’s why I think Tony will have no issues going forward.

- Just imagine us not being robbed by Palace
- Beating Man Utd at home (pen not given, 5 shots hitting wood work, post FT pen)
- Brom VAR craziness and 2 missed pens
- and just a few of our many many draws (which we dominated) being converted to wins.

We’d quite comfortably be in the top 10. Yeah I know, “woulda coulda”, but this is not a case we could have made the past few seasons, or any of our PL seasons in fact.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here