Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] GPott

Should GPott read the players the Riot Act?

• Yes, yes he should

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • No, this would be a bad idea

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Does anyone else think that maybe GPott should read the players the Riot Act after the particularly poor performance at Sheff Utd?

The only criticism of GPott I have is that sometimes he suffers fools gladly and reading the players the Riot Act would show he is no soft touch. Possibly the time has gone as the most occasion to read the Riot Act out would have been immediately after the game.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think GP should just get on with managing things in his own way. He has never shirked responsibility for how his team performs and will be judged accordingly on the day of reckoning.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He has his own style, no point changing now.

Disappointed with the Sheff United Result. But a decent performance tomorrow will all be forgotten.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Being intelligent players, if Potter was to read the Riot Act - Our sovereign lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations,.... they would of course follow their managers 'request and immediately go home, thereby ensuring that we lost the game and no doubt had points deducted for failing to fulfil the fixture.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Part of the problem against Sheffield United was the tactics, so I don't think he should be to harsh on the players.

The tactics of the players fecking up and giving away a soft goal whilst missing chances? I kind of agree though, you need to go toe to toe with aggressive lower league teams from the off, we didn’t. The tactics we did use may well have worked if we hadn’t ended up chasing the game though. A point would have been enough, if not ideal. Not conceding first against a team like Sheffield is important. I’d blame both the players and Potter for that defeat. Read the riot act? Nah

Let’s give the opposition some credit though, we used to complain about not getting it under CH when we got away with the same tactics

GP NEVER knocks the players in public, which I like, who knows what goes on in the dressing room though?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think both GP and the players got better/more important things to do.. like the Offical Secrets Act from 1989! That one is exciting!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I voted No , the bunch of lads we have are very honest pros i believe , no divas or billybigbollox`s . They don`t need telling that they screwed up they know , it hurts them as much as us i am sure . An occasional swift kick up the bum every now and then doesn`t hurt though i suppose , but the timing has to be right and i trust GP .

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The tactics of the players fecking up and giving away a soft goal whilst missing chances? I kind of agree though, you need to go toe to toe with aggressive lower league teams from the off, we didn’t. The tactics we did use may well have worked if we hadn’t ended up chasing the game though. A point would have been enough, if not ideal. Not conceding first against a team like Sheffield is important. I’d blame both the players and Potter for that defeat. Read the riot act? Nah

Let’s give the opposition some credit though, we used to complain about not getting it under CH when we got away with the same tactics

GP NEVER knocks the players in public, which I like, who knows what goes on in the dressing room though?

The same tactics we have played against the bottom 3 and yielded 4 points.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Being intelligent players, if Potter was to read the Riot Act - Our sovereign lord the King chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably to depart to their habitations,.... they would of course follow their managers 'request and immediately go home, thereby ensuring that we lost the game and no doubt had points deducted for failing to fulfil the fixture.

That's not entirely true.

The riot act technically only applies to groups of more than 12.

Thus, Potter would be able to read the act to the team on the pitch. However, they would have a justified claim to it being invalid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does anyone else think that maybe GPott should read the players the Riot Act after the particularly poor performance at Sheff Utd?

The only criticism of GPott I have is that sometimes he suffers fools gladly and reading the players the Riot Act would show he is no soft touch. Possibly the time has gone as the most occasion to read the Riot Act out would have been immediately after the game.

You've answered your own question. Way too late now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Good grief some on here can’t handle a negative comment and go crying to the mods, you can’t ball out players these days it’s the snowflake generation.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I voted No , the bunch of lads we have are very honest pros i believe , no divas or billybigbollox`s . They don`t need telling that they screwed up they know , it hurts them as much as us i am sure . An occasional swift kick up the bum every now and then doesn`t hurt though i suppose , but the timing has to be right and i trust GP .

Well this is it.

There's no sense that there was any lack of desire to win. The performance just wasn't good enough to win.

Would you issue a bollocking to a concert violinist who had a bad performance to try to make it better next time? Or a brain surgeon that lost someone on the table?

No, you trust that are professional enough and move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here