Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly's Future Plans

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Didn't realise it was his ACL. Is it a different injury to his previous one, picked up at Derby in the Championship, when we were (and, even more so, he was) in a rich vein of form? I know there's a distinction between an ACL tear and a rupture, but there might be further options.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Staggering for him to acknowledge on his England ambitions that he’s not been fit enough generally. What a bizarre acknowledgement from a professional footballer.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think the LWB role is a hugely physical role and maybe he’s referring to his need to improve his fitness levels from good to exceptional.
I’m glad he has ambitions. However I’m not sure than a top 6 club will come in for him unless they want a wing back rather than a full back or winger. He made that Wing Back role his own.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To me Solly's ability is very noticeable as he still appears in some metrics from 'The Other 14's' Twitter feed.

Carrying yardage, crosses, tackles etc.

Despite acknowledging 'Solly's finally having a good season' I still think I was underplaying his role, and I'll Eden a guess I'm not the only one.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Still gutted for him, he was in the form of his career. Injuries can be very cruel indeed.

Hopefully we haven't already seen the best of him. A big move won't be possible without some sustained top level form for us so we'll be set to benefit either way. Keep working on the recovery Solly.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I think the LWB role is a hugely physical role and maybe he’s referring to his need to improve his fitness levels from good to exceptional.
I’m glad he has ambitions. However I’m not sure than a top 6 club will come in for him unless they want a wing back rather than a full back or winger. He made that Wing Back role his own.

I'd say the way that, for example, Robertson plays at Liverpool isn't much removed from a LWB role even if he's down as a full back.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I stopped reading after "I want to play....for a bigger club someday if I get the opportunity".

It's disloyal and disrespectful to his current employer.

I'm sure all players think it. I'm sure all of us wage slaves would love to work for a bigger employer (ie get more money). But I kinow if I expressed that attitude to my boss his reaction would be "off you go then. there's the door".

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I stopped reading after "I want to play....for a bigger club someday if I get the opportunity".

I'm sure all players think it. I'm sure all of us wage slaves would love to work for a bigger employer (ie get more money). But I kinow if I expressed that attitude to my boss his reaction would be "off you go then. there's the door".

I assume this will get the same hysteria that Ryan's comment got.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I assume this will get the same hysteria that Ryan's comment got.

Difference being Ryan sulked when he lost his place and took joy in the fact when Big Bob dropped a clanger. Solly is loyal to this club but if he had the form of his life and a big club came sniffing he would have to take the opportunity. He has not complained about being dropped or what position he is played. He is a very solid professional.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Difference being Ryan sulked when he lost his place and took joy in the fact when Big Bob dropped a clanger. Solly is loyal to this club but if he had the form of his life and a big club came sniffing he would have to take the opportunity. He has not complained about being dropped or what position he is played. He is a very solid professional.

Any evidence of this or just speculating?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If Solly March gets the opportunity to play for a "bigger" club, he absolutely should take it. I'm not convinced it will present itself, but I would never begrudge a player wanting to test themselves at the highest possible level or at an elite club. Some players seem likely to sulk if they don't get the chance for a move, but I don't see him as that type. He comes across as a hard working guy who tries his best and he certainly plays like that. I've not been his biggest fan down the years although I appreciate what he's achieved here and he retains my vote for player of the season. He was unlucky to get injured when he did and our lack of cover for him has highlighted his importance to our team.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

:facepalm: Do you think there is any single player in our entire squad who doesn’t want to play at the highest level and earn more money?

It’s utterly bizarre that people find it offensive that a football player dare admit they have aspirations of reaching the pinnacle of their profession, yet in no other aspect of life is that offensive.

By the way I’m not sure who your boss is but if that’s what he would say to you for admitting that one day you might want to earn more money and work for a bigger company, I would suggest he shouldn’t be the boss of any company.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any evidence of this or just speculating?

It's the tweet he liked - at the time of the Sanchez 'howler' on the original post of the Ryan crybaby thread ...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Solly has been a terrific servant to the club and in my opinion the I want to play at the highest level is showing he's confident in his own abilities to get over this injury and get back to where he left off

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And you believe Ryan personally liked that tweet? You do realize players have people that manage their social media for them...

Not sure why you have the pedantic stick up your arse today. But who cares, Ryan / whoever is representing Ryan - you have no idea if it was him or not as do I. But that action, shortly after the interviews he gave makes it completely difficult to Solly March or indeed any players aspirations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here