Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If he went he would take Lamptey & Webster with him ( have always said Webster will end up at Spurs)

So 3 million for Potter
20-30 million for Lamptey
25-35 million for Webster.
=48-68 million
These are very conservative estimates. Spurs probably cannot afford them so no.

Extremely conservative estimates
considering Lampty has already been touted as worth closer to 40million in the press
and Webster cost us a reported 22 million I expect we maybe looking for again at least 40 million for him definitely not 25 million anyway.

If Tottenham can afford mega bucks payoff for the chosen one, then they can pay 5 million plus for Potter.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No Prem team will be looking to take Potter off our hands just yet, not while we sit 17th in the league. They will be looking to see if our 'he needs a decent striker' theory is correct. If we sign a clinical striker in the summer to put away all these chances we create and then finish next season in the 10th to 13th bracket then you may see interest from bigger teams.

Nice to see l'm not quite the only one not wearing blue & white striped tinted spectacles.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be utterly amazed if Spurs went for Potter instead of someone they have been properly linked with like Sarri.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Amusing how many Albion fans just cannot see that Potter, with the right backing, is 100% destined to be of interest to much bigger clubs. Never has an Albion manager been so under rated by so many of our own fans. Be careful what you wish for though....Bloom was obviously having a shit day when he extended Potter’s contract by so many years. Comforting to know that Albion fans can see how clueless it was, shame they aren’t running the club, we’d definitely be top 10 material with a better manager. There are plenty of them out there apparently

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
No Prem team will be looking to take Potter off our hands just yet, not while we sit 17th in the league. They will be looking to see if our 'he needs a decent striker' theory is correct. If we sign a clinical striker in the summer to put away all these chances we create and then finish next season in the 10th to 13th bracket then you may see interest from bigger teams.

Since we aren't going to do that, I doubt anyone will be able to make that judgement.

For Potter, however, I think that the chance to work with Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son rather than Neal maupay and Leandro Trossard may prove mildly tempting.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
G.Potts has only recently moved into a fantastic house off Hove seafront that he's had renovated and I expect his wife and young kids are happy and looking forward to life by the beach. He's got an easy commute to the office at Lancing (15 mins tops) with great facilities for a coach like him. Will he really want to commute a minimum of 2 hours (when the traffic is OK) each way to Spuds complex at Enfield every day? And then at least 2.5 hours to get home after every home match? You can understand him leaving Swansea no problem, but lifestyle factors would surely play a big part in his next move. And the time doesn't yet feel right for that move.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Since we aren't going to do that, I doubt anyone will be able to make that judgement.

For Potter, however, I think that the chance to work with Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son rather than Neal maupay and Leandro Trossard may prove mildly tempting.

Kane won't be there next season

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Amusing how many Albion fans just cannot see that Potter, with the right backing, is 100% destined to be of interest to much bigger clubs. Never has an Albion manager been so under rated by so many of our own fans. Be careful what you wish for though....Bloom was obviously having a shit day when he extended Potter’s contract by so many years. Comforting to know that Albion fans can see how clueless it was, shame they aren’t running the club, we’d definitely be top 10 material with a better manager. There are plenty of them out there apparently

Interest from.... Interest in at this moment in time?

Imagine if he went to Spurs and they flopped in his 1st year, they will likely be without Kane and a few others. I don't think many people underestimate how good Potter is. Give it another couple of years... He will be at a top club either here or in Europe.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Tottenham interested in employing the manager of a team currently laying 17th in the table after fighting a relegation battle all season, yeah right.

Spurs will, as Spurs invariably do, employ a much bigger name manager, with a proven track record.

Who will crash and burn in 2 seasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
G.Potts has only recently moved into a fantastic house off Hove seafront that he's had renovated and I expect his wife and young kids are happy and looking forward to life by the beach. He's got an easy commute to the office at Lancing (15 mins tops) with great facilities for a coach like him. Will he really want to commute a minimum of 2 hours (when the traffic is OK) each way to Spuds complex at Enfield every day? And then at least 2.5 hours to get home after every home match? You can understand him leaving Swansea no problem, but lifestyle factors would surely play a big part in his next move. And the time doesn't yet feel right for that move.

You do realise with the money that will be spoken about GPott might just be able to purchase a second house.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This is where TB's decision to give GP and his staff long-term contracts pays off. Any club who wants Potter will have to pay his contract up and those of whoever he wants to take with him. That could dissuade would-be employers but also bring in considerable compo if they are that serious.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club would be foolish to even entertain the idea.

In 12 months time that decision will be validated (or look really foolish! )

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Potter could have a career earning millions without achieving anything significant in the game it happens sometimes. Had a bit of success in Sweden in a pub league, mid table finish with Swansea relegation scrap with us then on to Spurs for £8m a year :shrug:

Hasn't done Pochettino's career any harm

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Let's not kid ourselves though, Spurs will spend a lot of money on a big name manager that has had a spotty track record but has a couple of European trophies in the bag. They'll do "okay" in their first season, may even qualify for the champions league if Kane stays, but will be sacked in two years when ultimately Spurs have remained, as always, Spurs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Out of curiosity I thought I would have alook at the Tottenham forum to see who could be the new manager or in the frame. Seems like alot of them have an interest in Graham Potter and would like to see him given a chance.

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum...gelsmann-voters-need-to-re-vote.40315/page-96

They seem to think they will be able to get him for 3m. I would like to think it would cost more then that?

The poster who wrote that also thought that GP is on a three -year-contract, apparently unaware that his deal lasts until 2025. And I'm not aware that his salary has been published. I can't imagine GP will be going anywhere for less than £10m.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Spuds fans are a fickle bunch, when they've had credible coaches, such as Pochettino and Mourinho, who have now left, they want something they think that can turn their fortunes around.
If Pochettino and Mourinho couldn't finish the job, what makes them think GP has any chance.
They need to punch higher, say for an Allardyce type coach :lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
More to the point if you were offered that elusive night in exchange for Potter to Spurs, where would your loyalties lie?

I've never liked the phrase "i'd drive him there myself", but here it feels sort of appropriate

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Dont hold your breath, according to Naylor the plan is to improve Maupay rather than invest millions in a new striker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here