Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
Out of curiosity I thought I would have alook at the Tottenham forum to see who could be the new manager or in the frame. Seems like alot of them have an interest in Graham Potter and would like to see him given a chance.

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum...gelsmann-voters-need-to-re-vote.40315/page-96

They seem to think they will be able to get him for 3m. I would like to think it would cost more then that?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm interesting in spending the night with Jennifer Lawrence, doesn't make it any likelier to happen.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If he went he would take Lamptey & Webster with him ( have always said Webster will end up at Spurs)

So 3 million for Potter
20-30 million for Lamptey
25-35 million for Webster.
=48-68 million
These are very conservative estimates. Spurs probably cannot afford them so no.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I would drive him there for........

Being serious, I don't think he will be interested quite yet... a few more years at this project and I think he will be commanding bigger jobs than that!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I would drive him there for........

Being serious, I don't think he will be interested quite yet... a few more years at this project and I think he will be commanding bigger jobs than that!

He would be interested alright. We take the Mickey out of Spurs being chosen as a European Premier league candidate but they are a huge club with a fantastic world class ground and huge potential. Of course it could go pear shape at Spurs but who would give up the chance of such a club if they come calling. Remember there is little loyalty in football. I expect Swansea supporters couldn't believe it when we approached Potter.

Unfinished project and all that ........Pah!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would genuinely love to watch Spurs Twitter when they only win once at home in a year.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
He would be interested alright. We take the Mickey out of Spurs being chosen as a European Premier league candidate but they are a huge club with a fantastic world class ground and huge potential. Of course it could go pear shape at Spurs but who would give up the chance of such a club if they come calling. Remember there is little loyalty in football. I expect Swansea supporters couldn't believe it when we approached Potter.

They are not huge....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm interesting in spending the night with Jennifer Lawrence, doesn't make it any likelier to happen.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tottenham interested in employing the manager of a team currently laying 17th in the table after fighting a relegation battle all season, yeah right.

Spurs will, as Spurs invariably do, employ a much bigger name manager, with a proven track record.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think Potters stock is anywhere near high enough yet to get such a high profile job, added to the fact he's not really foreign enough.

The only angle I can see that may have some merit is that in Potter, Levy would have a relatively soft-touch low maintenance manager in the dugout, who's not going to make any waves in the media, and won't be giving him headaches in terms of making demands for funding a squad. If that appeals, then perhaps GP is a bit of a chin-stroker for him.

But otherwise, nah. Just cannot see it happening.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I suppose if only Ryan Mason, Roy Hodgson, Alan Pardew and Graham Potter haven’t turned you down (yet) ......

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No Prem team will be looking to take Potter off our hands just yet, not while we sit 17th in the league. They will be looking to see if our 'he needs a decent striker' theory is correct. If we sign a clinical striker in the summer to put away all these chances we create and then finish next season in the 10th to 13th bracket then you may see interest from bigger teams.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Potter could have a career earning millions without achieving anything significant in the game it happens sometimes. Had a bit of success in Sweden in a pub league, mid table finish with Swansea relegation scrap with us then on to Spurs for £8m a year :shrug:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Tottenham interested in employing the manager of a team currently laying 17th in the table after fighting a relegation battle all season, yeah right.

Spurs will, as Spurs invariably do, employ a much bigger name manager, with a proven track record.

Mario Pochettino didn't have a proven track record, had 4 years at Espanyol, then 18 months at Southampton.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think Scott Parker is more likely than Potter as he has some connection to the club.

It's going to be Erik ten Hag though, and he's the manager they should've got when Mourinho came in.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Mario Pochettino didn't have a proven track record, had 4 years at Espanyol, then 18 months at Southampton.
Sometimes its the style of football that attracts suitors. While we are at the arse end of the league we play attractive football, rarely thrashed and always competitive with a shoestring budget (comparative to most PL clubs) we need the missing piece of the jigsaw to be a more successful club... the club who wishes to attract Potter may be able to offer that piece of the jigsaw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here