Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The best chillis sauces on the market.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tonight I’ve had some Linghams sweet chilli sauce and I do think it’s tops in that range. It’s spicy enough but hard to over burn on it. I had a Satins Blood from that shop in Trafalgar Street a while back and my wife who feeds on napalm even thought it had a twang.

What are your favourites ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fan of Tabasco here, normal and Habanero.

Never got Tabasco. My wife has months where she smothers her food with it .. She is like a real chilli junky and I have to change most of our menus to accommodate her.. She’s done the half a naga and come through still ok.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Down here we have The South Devon Chilli Farm, they do everything chilli, the sauce is nice, not too hot but I do prefer Sweet Chilli sauce, they do many other products like Chilli Chocolate and supply Burts Crisps for their sweet chilli flavour.
Don't know if their products are available nationwide.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tonight I’ve had some Linghams sweet chilli sauce and I do think it’s tops in that range. It’s spicy enough but hard to over burn on it. I had a Satins Blood from that shop in Trafalgar Street a while back and my wife who feeds on napalm even thought it had a twang.

What are your favourites ?

I literally don't get sweet chilli, but in terms of shop bought stuff, I like Cholula. I've just made the recipe below though, and it's amazing, and really easy to make. I quite like going into Taj and buying 250g of chillies.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...tam-ottolenghi-palestinian-table-recipes-food

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Have you tried Mr Naga from your local Indian supermarket? I think they call it a sauce
It’s not a condiment as such But it looks a bit like a red whole grain mustard in a pot But made with naga chillies
Only need about 2 teaspoons in a chillie con carne to blow your roof off
If your Mrs is real heat fiend they do a coarser version which is basically large chunks of green naga chillies in a pot
Not very nice imho

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sriracha is nice but depends what you want your sauce to do. Just heat or add flavour as well?

Jul 7, 2003
Local guy @everythingspice makes some great sauces - nice heat but still lots of flavour. His Scotch Bonnet is the most I can manage these days but he also does a Scorpion Trinidad one which is very lively.

He is at Steyning and Shoreham Farmers markets and also available online or at the newish bakers near Waitrose in Eastbourne.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I do love a chilli sauce, super hot, or just tasty, been known to make my own when I get hold of a glut of chillies. Might sound daft though, but Morrison's own habanero sauce I find is really decent for everyday use.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife’s criticism of a sweet chilli is it must not be too garlicky......They often are though. On another tact me and my brother had to go into the chilli recovery tent and had be emergency treated with tubs of yoghurt at the big West Dean one. It was 30 minutes before we could take our tongues out of our pots to talk probably it was that sore. We sounded like 2nd world war fighter pilots on the radio.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My wife’s criticism of a sweet chilli is it must not be too garlicky......They often are though. On another tact me and my brother had to go into the chilli recovery tent and had be emergency treated with tubs of yoghurt at the big West Dean one. It was 30 minutes before we could take our tongues out of our pots to talk probably it was that sore. We sounded like 2nd world war fighter pilots on the radio.

Not been to the West Dean one but always used to love the Brighton Chilli Festival that was held in Autumn across the road from the King & Queen

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not been to the West Dean one but always used to love the Brighton Chilli Festival that was held in Autumn across the road from the King & Queen

I have been there but the Chichester one is huge. If you can get a driver you can easy spend a day listening to the music and having a beer. It’s getting pricier to get in now though.

Jul 7, 2003
I have been there but the Chichester one is huge. If you can get a driver you can easy spend a day listening the music and having a beer. It’s getting pricier to get in now though.

West Dean is great fun, not just chilli but loads of other food and drink stalls, Some really good demos last time I went and the grounds are lovely to walk around.

If you are brave enough to book in advance it used to be much cheaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here