Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper going back to PSV **Confirmed 23/06**

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
PSV technical director John de Jong confirms that they are interested in Pröpper, but that it isnt done yet, "and certainly not for the amounts I read in the media".

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Davy P over the years and believe he has been one of our stand out players in the PL. A classy, composed player who has been ready to play out of position most of his time with us. Clearly down the pecking order at the moment for whatever reason and given his quality and age he should be playing first team football and possibly reviving his international career. If he moves on I wish him well and have nothing but good memories of his time in an Albion shirt.

What was his 'preferred' position I thought it was no 10 but his shooting was abysmal. Also thought his defensive midfield role was not strong. He did some 'beautiful' passes at times but to me that was not enough.

That said I think he has done ok for us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What was his 'preferred' position I thought it was no 10 but his shooting was abysmal. Also thought his defensive midfield role was not strong. He did some 'beautiful' passes at times but to me that was not enough.

That said I think he has done ok for us.

You're right, his preferred position was number 10. We just never played him there. As a number 10 playing in DM, I think he did a really good job. Bissouma is now doing that job and thankfully his shooting is... er... awful

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mr Bloom has taken the time to personally reassure me that Wavy Davy won't be leaving the club until an appropriate successor has been found. :afro:

It certainly came as a huge relief to me.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lack of pace, goals and assists unfortunately. Meaning he never found a role to make his own.

I hated it when both CH and GP put him in front of our centre-halves, often with Stephens, DP made gaffs and had no pace when ran at.

To me he was best pushed further upfield, no where near our defence. Don’t know why in particular, but I always remember DP being part of our midfields that took West Ham apart.

This season, even when fit, Ashworth and Porter clearly don’t see DP as part of our plans. I can see why.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
A lack of pace, goals and assists unfortunately. Meaning he never found a role to make his own.

I hated it when both CH and GP put him in front of our centre-halves, often with Stephens, DP made gaffs and had no pace when ran at.

To me he was best pushed further upfield, no where near our defence. Don’t know why in particular, but I always remember DP being part of our midfields that took West Ham apart.

This season, even when fit, Ashworth and Porter clearly don’t see DP as part of our plans. I can see why.

As opposed to the rest of our midfielders who are banging in the goals?

Also, he certainly made that CM position his own for 3 seasons.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Well said.

Put simply he’s not good enough for this Potter team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well said.

Put simply he’s not good enough for this Potter team.

Which is exactly while he's not been in it this season, allowing the players to reach the giddy heights of, er, 16th and the low 40s in points.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As opposed to the rest of our midfielders who are banging in the goals?

Also, he certainly made that CM position his own for 3 seasons.

107 appearances - 2 goals and 7 assists. The Dutch midfield maestro scores a goal every season and a half, 2.5 assists a season.

Half of NSC spent the last three seasons critical of our lack of creativity, goals, pace and the inadequate midfield shield of Stephens/Propper.

Then Stephens is sold and Propper never selected, replaced by fluid midfielders with pace, we’re transformed. All we need now is a striker to tuck away all the chances.

Gross is the surprise. Also no pace, but his class has shone through.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
107 appearances - 2 goals and 7 assists. The Dutch midfield maestro scores a goal every season and a half, 2.5 assists a season.

Half of NSC spent the last three seasons critical of our lack of creativity, goals, pace and the inadequate midfield shield of Stephens/Propper.

Then Stephens is sold and Propper never selected, replaced by fluid midfielders with pace, we’re transformed. All we need now is a striker to tuck away all the chances.

Compare him to Bissouma - 85 appearances - 2 goals and 0 assists...

Although, assists are an outdated stat but that's a different conversation!

Transformed into what?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

HAD he been fit more often I would have liked to have seen Beram alongside Dale with DP in a more advanced role
But hey ho that’ boats long sailed

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Which is exactly while he's not been in it this season, allowing the players to reach the giddy heights of, er, 16th and the low 40s in points.

LOL, you 2 remind me of me and my brother when we were kids, we'd always argue over everything, mostly just to argue and p!ss the other one off.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Compare him to Bissouma - 85 appearances - 2 goals and 0 assists...

Although, assists are an outdated stat but that's a different conversation!

Transformed into what?

From the pathetic 9-0-1 formation with a lone striker battling against centrebacks smoking cigars, with several weak link snails. Cardiff, Burnley, Stains and Plucky outclassing us ffs.

To the team that took apart Spuds twice, finally played Citeh with confidence, brimming with pace and guile, creating chance after chance. A work in progress, but an exciting one for us and neutrals to watch.

Huge respect to the gradual culling by Ashworth. Montoya and it seems Propper eased out.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
PSV technical director John de Jong confirms that they are interested in Pröpper, but that it isnt done yet, "and certainly not for the amounts I read in the media".

If true, he's been a great servant for the club, always seemed to give 100% and took on positions that weren't his first choice and a great addion to our first season in the PL and seemed a nice bloke that fit in well with the No Dickheads Policy. Good luck to him as I can't see him getting more than this seasons 11 appearances, next season. Has played 107 times for us.

Plus has lovely hair.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He's rubbish, get rid. No room for sentiment in the PL

He's rubbish? Thats why he's played 107 times in the TOP league on earth and it looks like he's going to PSV who were 2nd in the Eredivisie this season (ranked 8th best league in the world) and have qualified for the UCL.

Maybe not upto top half PL standards but very far from 'rubbish'.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's rubbish? Thats why he's played 107 times in the TOP league on earth and it looks like he's going to PSV who were 2nd in the Eredivisie this season (ranked 8th best league in the world) and have qualified for the UCL.

Maybe not upto top half PL standards but very far from 'rubbish'.

Rubbish is a bit strong in fairness, but he’s not really good PL level.

Proof? Well how many PL clubs are breaking down our door to get him. None, I imagine. To be serious I do agree he’s been a great pro so wish him all the best.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
From the pathetic 9-0-1 formation with a lone striker battling against centrebacks smoking cigars, with several weak link snails. Cardiff, Burnley, Stains and Plucky outclassing us ffs.

To the team that took apart Spuds twice, finally played Citeh with confidence, brimming with pace and guile, creating chance after chance. A work in progress, but an exciting one for us and neutrals to watch.

Huge respect to the gradual culling by Ashworth. Montoya and it seems Propper eased out.

Unless I missed something, Propper played 35 times in the team last season that got our record PL points.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't depart, just that he's been a very important and good player for us in the previous 3 seasons.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here