Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ivan Toney

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If Brentford do not get into the PL, via the third place play off.
Given Tammy Abraham comes with a high wage demand, shirley it'll be worth TB poaching Ivan Toney off Benham.
Must be be a worth a punt ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Genuine question - but why does anyone think Ivan Toney is any better than previous Championship top scorers or even 25+ goal scorers, that have struggled with the step up?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We didn't go for him last summer when valued at £5m, not sure we'd go for him now with a likely value of £30m plus. That boat has sailed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think a) they have a good chance of going up b) they'll keep him another year regardless and c) if he moves he will be too expensive.

If a new striker comes in (which is quite likely) I think it will be either a free transfer, someone from a foreign league or some failed / disgruntled youth prospect from a bigger club.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think a few clubs will look at the success of Watkins and have a punt at getting him (because Toney is bound to work out the same obviously).

I don't think we'll be in the bidding

Muff will probably go up

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Even better, search:

site:northstandchat.com subject

This means it only searches within NSC, and doesn't include e.g. BBS morons mentioning us.

Good call.

Unfortunately [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] this gives several other times where you've been "fixtured" and I CBA to merge them all :lolol:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Given that Watkins was over our budget in the high 20 millions I'd say Toney will also be out of our realm of money. If we're going for an affordable EFL striker I'd rather Jonson Clarke Harris at half the price. I rate Toney, and if I could have one or the other I'd pick Ivan every time, but I just don't think he fits our price bracket.

That said Paul Onuachu is better than both so :)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Genuine question - but why does anyone think Ivan Toney is any better than previous Championship top scorers or even 25+ goal scorers, that have struggled with the step up?

This. Calls for a top PL striker followed by calls to sign a Championship striker for £30m to solve all our problems.

Maupay anyone?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
zg6H--B4.jpeg

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Brentford are the official route for strikers wishing to take the step up to the PL.
We had Maupay.
Villa had Watkins.
West Ham had Benrahma.
Surely it must be Newcastle's turn for Toney?

What about Bryan Mbeumo? Brentford striker so fits the bill. No idea if he's any good but we should surely be interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here