Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is going down with Sheffield Utd?

Who is going down with

• WBA

Votes: 188 87.0%
  • Fulham

Votes: 187 86.6%
  • BHA

Votes: 29 13.4%
  • A N Other

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I didn't think that I would be running this thread again - however, the BHA players/manager have had a disastrous weekend & with Burnley & Newcastle winning, WBA drawing over the weekend - it is looking likely two from three for the drop

WBA 25 points, Fulham 27 points, BHA 34 points - 5 games left

As awful (points wise) this season has been for us - BHA can't implode surely?

The bookies don't think so:

Relegation Odds:

WBA 1/200
Fulham 1/14
BHA 20/1

.......... however, our constant inability to take those opportunities with the constant lack of scoring ....... well, who knows?

Whatever happens from here - the history books are unlikely to be kind on this season:

2020/21 (to date) 34 points & 17th
2019/20 41 points & 15th
2018/19 36 points & 17th
2017/18 40 points & 15th

So who do you think is going down now? - You can vote more than once!

Pre - Saints match: Pollsters were: Newcastle 41%, BHA 38%, Fulham 20% a n other 1%
Pre - Newcastle match: Pollsters were: Newcastle 65%, Fulham 26%, BHA 8%, a n other 1%
Pre - Man Utd match: Pollsters were: Newcastle 78%, Fulham 19%, BHA 3%, a n other 0%
Pre - Everton match: Pollsters were: Fulham 57%, Newcastle 37%, BHA 6%, a n other 0%
Pre - Chelsea match: Pollsters were Fulham 90%, WBA 82%, Newcastle 9%, BHA 5%, Burnley 5% (two votes allowed)

Fixtures left:

1/5 Chelsea v Fulham
1/5 WBA v Wolves
1/5 BHA v Leeds
8/5 Wolves v BHA
8/5 Arsenal v WBA
8/5 Fulham v Burnley
11/5 BHA v W Ham
11/5 WBA v Liverpool
12/5 Southampton v Fulham
15/5 Man U v Fulham
15/5 WBA v West Ham
15/5 BHA v Man C
23/5 Arsenal v BHA
23/5 Fulham v Newcastle
23/5 Leeds v WBA

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Newcastle drew, they didn’t win. However agree with the sentiment.
Thank goodness for the late Villa equaliser.
A lot depends on how we react v Leeds. Still well placed but far from certain.
We need another three points in my opinion.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Next weekend could look different. We beat Leeds (oh the dream) Southampton loose or draw to Leicester. Newcastle loose or draw to Arsenal and Burnley loose or draw with West Ham, We could be 14th on goal difference and this weekend would be a just a bad nightmare. Especially since Fulham play Chelsea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who’d have thunk it, following the Albion continues to be a roller coaster in the dark, we have absolutely no idea which thrilling highs and stomach churning lows are coming up.

It’s not just Albion games that matter it’s now how the clubs around us do, so the thrills and depression come even when we are not involved in games now.

In answer to the OP, I haven’t got a clue :shrug:

Stumpy Tim

I've got Fulham picking up 9 points and us getting 4 so just squeezing through

So assuming Fulham lose away to Chelsea and Man Utd, you think they will win all the other games they play? Despite only winning 5 times all season. That would be a miracle.

WBA need 3 wins and a draw out of 5 games to get more points than we're on now.

I just can't see us getting relegated, even if we lose every game.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its going to be Fulham & WBA.

No idea how many points Brighton are going to pick up, could be anything between 0 and 9, but I'm certain Fulham and WBA wont find the necessary points.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Next weekend could look different. We beat Leeds (oh the dream) Southampton loose or draw to Leicester. Newcastle loose or draw to Arsenal and Burnley loose or draw with West Ham, We could be 14th on goal difference and this weekend would be a just a bad nightmare. Especially since Fulham play Chelsea.

I notice the media are crawling over this relegation possibility for us (to keep things exciting) along with the Potter Out Campaign but one win from five and we’re safe and as you say, maybe even 14th. Remember, Fulham or West Brom need more points than us, they’ll go down with the same tally.

What helps is our fixtures. This is a strange season where all teams are better away (on averages) and where we get awful results against the bottom 3 but tend to win or draw with the rest (except top 3). The only match where I think we’ll come unstuck is the Man City one, we can quite easily win the rest if our finishing returns to the Southampton/Newcastle levels but will most likely draw the majority. A finish on 39 points seems the most likely, probably at least 6 above 18th place.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've got Fulham picking up 9 points and us getting 4 so just squeezing through

May I be so bold as to ask which 3 games you think will Fulham win from these?

Chelsea
Burnley
Southampton
Man Utd
Newcastle

I can see them getting something from Southampton and possibly Newcastle (if Saint-Maximin does not play) but that is a huge ask. Where is the 3rd win?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So assuming Fulham lose away to Chelsea and Man Utd, you think they will win all the other games they play? Despite only winning 5 times all season. That would be a miracle.

WBA need 3 wins and a draw out of 5 games to get more points than we're on now.

I just can't see us getting relegated, even if we lose every game.

I was in pessimistic mood. I'd forgotten briefly how good Fulham have been at messing things up. It was more a case of potentially they have 3 winnable games in Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle. Reality is I can quite easily see them getting no points as well

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I notice the media are crawling over this relegation possibility for us (to keep things exciting) along with the Potter Out Campaign but one win from five and we’re safe and as you say, maybe even 14th. Remember, Fulham or West Brom need more points than us, they’ll go down with the same tally.

What helps is our fixtures. This is a strange season where all teams are better away (on averages) and where we get awful results against the bottom 3 but tend to win or draw with the rest (except top 3). The only match where I think we’ll come unstuck is the Man City one, we can quite easily win the rest if our finishing returns to the Southampton/Newcastle levels but will most likely draw the majority. A finish on 39 points seems the most likely, probably at least 6 above 18th place.

This is the only game I think we may have a chance with. Man City tend to do 'just enough' to win by 1 goal. They would have won the league by then with no magic 100 pts target so getting ready for the Champions League. In front of a half packed but very loud Amex, home win.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The fact we are having this debate shows how 'far' we have come.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm confident that three teams are poorer than us and that we'll stay up, but I also think we'll carry on stinking for the rest of the season and finish 17th.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Indeed. From League One to moaning about not being safe from relegation in the PL with 15 points left to play for in just 10 years, quite remarkable.

Nice bit of spin from the PR team there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We were on the beach, job done when we kicked off against Sheffield United. The complete opposite of a professional performance.

Potter needs to sort it out fast and if we don't focus and put it right ( win ) vs Leeds then it all starts to begin to look dicey.

So as it stands WBA and Fulham - but failure vs Leeds and the grimness will start seeping in.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

It's not so much Potter Out as 'Potter, get your sh1t together and start delivering'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here