Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter or Hodgson, Albion's squad or Palace's squad

Potter or Hodgson, Albion's squad or Palace's squad?

• Potter / Albion's squad

Votes: 201 91.4%
  • Potter / Palace's squad

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Hodgson / Albion's squad

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Hodgson / Palace's squad

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've got miles better players and obviously a better manager.

No, I can't explain why we trail them in the league .. apart from the say that league tables, contrary to the much used platitude, can talk complete bollocks

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Neither.

Eze good :rave: though, I’d take him.

Not sure about him, he was analysed recently and he does not do enough work
Off the ball or make runs into space. My QPR
Said a superb player on his day, but a bit erratic, not a top 6 player, but think he would be the only Palace player that could get into our squad. (Based on what Maty Ryan said in an interview, we don't buy dickheads, so
That's Wilf out then).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Interesting thought from this thread: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387435-Catching-them

Would you rather have Potter or Hodsgon as Albion's manager?

Would you rather have Albion's squad or Palace's squad?

Hodgson actually has a long and distinguished career and did better in Sweden than Potter did. He's a very good coach but time is not on his side and would not suit our players. And, as much as we hate it, Wilf would walk into our current side and improve it.

However, in every other respect we should be superior. Better in depth squad, more realistic wage structure, better ground, better fans, better long term prospects. The fact we're not above them is the thing that perhaps grips my shit the most about our results.

(That's a "the poll options are a bit too concrete but, realistically. Potter and our squad are the nearest option")

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So you’ve got a better manager and a better squad. What’s gone wrong then.???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Easy.

They have a player better than anyone in the Brighton squad, they have some more experience and they got a few more types of players than the current Brighton squad, but overall the Brighton squad is both a bit better and more importantly will be a lot better than the current CP boys in a year or two, so the decision is easy however nice it would be some days to have the consistency and class of Gary Cahill or a player with the ability to do it all by himself (Zaha) or the option to choose between the Ayew kind of striker and the Benteke kind of striker depending on what you need. Some days that would feel very nice, indeed, but it would be a very temporary gain in comparison with the raw potential of the Brighton squad.

As for Hodgson he is a quality manager, he knows how to arrange a defense and how to punish weaknesses, but ultimately the fans of his teams eventually get tired (whatever the results) of the football he represents... not to mention he is a former CP youth product who turns 74 next summer so it would generally be a quite strange appoinment. When Potter gets sacked/leaves/whatever, I dont think Hodgson will be very high on TBs list.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Wilf would be more likely to dive into our side than walk. He would act like a petulant 3 year old and undermine our ethos. I think this means, on balance, he wouldn't improve our side.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Wilf would be more likely to dive into our side than walk. He would act like a petulant 3 year old and undermine our ethos. I think this means, on balance, he wouldn't improve our side.

Zaha is quality. He’d be welcomed by me for one, if only because I’m so sick of him scoring against us.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Voted for Brighton and Potter obv.. only 4 points between us and them so not much in the squads. They’ve got squad centred around physicality and direct football.. ours is more possession based. Sometimes I wish we would just go with a bit route one, but hey. Yeah Saha would be great addition but other than that I wouldn’t take anyone else.

Hodgepodge or Potter.. Not sure Hodge will be around much longer (footballing wise) and wouldn’t do much with the current Brighton squad, quality manager though. But Pots it is.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you’ve got a better manager and a better squad. What’s gone wrong then.???

Hodgson is a brilliant manager. I dont like his style of football and his performances here in Sweden are pretty ancient by now but what he did with Fulham really showed his class. He can take any side and get results out of it. But its still a no-brainer as he will retire within two years and got a style of football that is pretty much the opposite to what TB wants his Brighton to become.

As for the squad, the Brighton squad got a lot more potential but there are a few class players in CP. Cahill remains the best English central defender, Zaha would start for Brighton every day of the week and a few others would provide options that the Brighton squad is in desperate need of.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I preferred our squad and Mark McGhee to Stoke's and Tony Pullis in 2003/4 and Stoke finished more than 30 places above us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here