Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Perfect Roast Chicken

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Finding it hard to understand this as it's simple. As has been pointed out in various other replies..

1 - good quality bird, untied
2 - garlic butter under the skin on the breast and rubbed over the rest of the bird, salt and pepper, plus any herbs you fancy.
3 - lemon in the cavity, though often i don't bother with this as moisture will be ok if...
4 - resting for 15 minutes minimum.

also sliced black pudding under the skin is superb, if that's your kind of thing.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Like with many things, the quality of the raw material counts for a lot with chicken.

Bog standard supermarket chickens are intensively reared to slaughter weight in an eye-boggling short time frame and very high in water content. The free range options cook far better and have massively superior flavour.

This is so blindingly obvious I’m really not sure why I’m wasting mine and everybody else’s time posting it. Sorry.

I concur , I used to buy chicken from supermarkets then I changed to a butchers and the difference in taste was huge . Free range or organic both taste far nicer . Either seeker’s or Canhams . Not much difference in the price but a little more .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here