Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why can’t we get a little luck.....?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If you are tempted to say you make your own luck this thread won’t be for you. It just seems we get absolutely zero breaks of the ball. Even if you take the last fortnight;

- West Ham hand Newcastle two goals through horrendous goalkeeping errors
- Leno literally throws one in against Everton
- West Brom just got an own goal from a shot going wide.
- recently Fulham got a goal from an awful Mings back pass.
- Even Sheffield United goal yesterday involved several lucky breaks.

We have so many shots and touch’s in the opposition box that it’s almost unbelievable we haven’t had more fortunate goals. I can’t think of one goalkeeping error, lucky bounce off the woodwork that’s gone our way.

Maybe we are destined for the drop.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Yes, I can’t remember too many times this season when I’ve felt we were lucky to win, or score. But I’m sure we will stay up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were lucky to play the worst Newcastle team at the worst time.
We were lucky to play an injury ravaged spurs still managed by Jose.
We were lucky to play Southampton on a losing run so bad we can't even match it.
We were lucky to play Liverpool without Allison, scoring a deflected goal.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Because we are mostly crap.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
We were lucky to play the worst Newcastle team at the worst time.
We were lucky to play an injury ravaged spurs still managed by Jose.
We were lucky to play Southampton on a losing run so bad we can't even match it.
We were lucky to play Liverpool without Allison, scoring a deflected goal.

Yup, on the whole we got some good luck and some bad luck.

We need to be better, better up front most importantly. Ultimately, you make your own luck....

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
We don’t hit the post and it go in either. If a ball bounces the last few seasons it doesn’t fall in our favour generally.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not been a lucky season. That Stat Brother is really digging deep in his endless attempts to portray the club as shite by using the "played against a Spurs side still coached by Jose" when this has been the case for every single club in the season, you know there is not a lot of examples of good luck.

But in the end not much can be blamed on it and not much can be done about it, so its better to just work with the things that can be improved and that you are in control over. Flukey deflections and keeper mistakes and whatever can give or take a nice half dozen of points or so during the course over a season, but in the end improving the chances of making luck less of a factor is the more sustainable way of achieving things. Nothing should be blamed on good or poor luck as it is a random factor that cant be controlled and cant be counted upon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Stat Brother is doing no such thing.

But the simple answer to 'why can't we get a little luck' is:-

'we do'.

But when you actually support a real club in the football world 'we' only see good luck for everybody else clubs, while 'we' only see bad luck for our own club.

As for Jose.

The AMEX is the only ground in world football where Jose has lost 4 (?) consecutive matches.
So I think we were lucky to be playing a Kane and Son (?) less Spurs still managed by our very own bunny manager.

The fact that Jose is our bunny is glorious and the only sadness I have for about his fall from grace is that we're unlikely to get the opportunity to beat him again.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here