Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catching them

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One thing I was looking forward to, ahead of last night's game, was the prospect of sitting just one point behind those wankers up the road.

Granted, they'd have had two games in hand on us, but with their next two fixtures being Leicester (away) and Man City (at home), there did seem to be the real chance of us looking down on them for a while and, with a bit of luck, finishing above them in the Premier League.

But, yeah, we know how that went.

And doesn't that always seem to be the case? Every time we seem to be within touching distance, we **** it up royally, consigning ourselves to a longer period of time wondering when the tide will turn in our favour.

*sigh*

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
And meanwhile, Chris Woods and Bunley are doing exactly what our strikers and Brighton failed to do yesterday.

Gap opened .......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Brighton will always disappoint at the moment we would all hope to be looking forwards. Last night was a complete let down and the manager has to take full responsibility. We never get ourselves up for those type of games. Though I don't believe we'll go down it will be likely due to other results and not ours. Seeing what Burnley have just done is something I can't see coming from us.

A lot of stats tell us our defence is better but we do need a measure of comedy goals conceded because yesterday’s one contained multiple errors, on that stat we would look very bad I reckon

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Brighton will always disappoint at the moment we would all hope to be looking forwards. Last night was a complete let down and the manager has to take full responsibility. We never get ourselves up for those type of games. Though I don't believe we'll go down it will be likely due to other results and not ours. Seeing what Burnley have just done is something I can't see coming from us.

But, but, but ... we did it in the second half against Wolves. What's happened since?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I do was of the firm belief that we could finish above them this season. But yesterday was a great chance to really do it. A wasted opportunity. Can’t see it happening this season now.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I think our results will be quite important in giving us a points total superior to at least 3 other teams.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And yet would we swap our squad for theirs? Or GP for Hodgson?

Weird isn’t it. I don’t want to say it’s purely luck but there is a degree of chaos in football I think. For starters they shouldn’t have beaten us.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think our results will be quite important in giving us a points total superior to at least 3 other teams.

OK but as is obvious I meant the remainder of the season. Fulham or West Brom getting enough points to over take 7 points and a far better GD is unlikely even if we don't get another point.

Last night inability to get a result cements the reason why we are where we are. Too often we fail in games that on paper are the ones we should be winning.

Frustrated once again but resigned to it, at least we have Wolves to play.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Honestly don't even care at this point. Get to safety - somehow, and look forward to next season.

Same here. If we'd bothered to turn up yesterday and got the three points we should have done, I'd have looked forward to a relaxed end to the season, with the added potential bonus of hunting down Palace, Stains and the Magpies. But for some reason, when there's something positive riding on the match, we consistently fail to turn up - now let's just crawl over the bloody line and have a lovely post-Covid summer arguing about the ins and outs in the transfer window.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
And yet would we swap our squad for theirs? Or GP for Hodgson?

Weird isn’t it. I don’t want to say it’s purely luck but there is a degree of chaos in football I think. For starters they shouldn’t have beaten us.

Hmmm.

I think their strongest first 11 is slightly better than ours - they currently have a real star player in Zaha (we hate him because he is good) which we don't.and Hodgson plays to their strengths while Potter doesn't seem to know what are strengths are.

I guess the proof is in the pudding - they always finish above us in the league and the league never lies.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There’s always next season, assuming you stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here