Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Had enough of this season

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Any other season with a 7 point cushion would feel like should be ok but honestly the way this one has gone I fully expect Fulham to pick up 6 points from next few and it to all look shite again.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The sooner this season is over the better, not just because of our frustrating results but VAR/sh1t refs, ESL and covid have ruined it.

Football good for the country's mental well-being, not for me, roll on next season.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It'll be good to get a good night's sleep after this crazy season, instead of feeling adrenaline fueled anxiety

This so accurately sums up my thoughts I wondered momentarily if I had typed it in a sleep deprived stupor!!!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I'm not cup half full about the break...I worry about which players we lose, which players we regretfully keep and the striker we don't get.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If football stops you sleeping, you might want to reevaluate your priorities in life.

I wouldn't say football stops me sleeping, but it pisses me off big time for the rest of the the day of the match when we lose in such a way
and the following morning I'm still pissed off.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I did the right thing last night. Left NSC alone. Ignored MOTD. Tried to forget about football.

Now it’s a new day and I can persuade myself we should pick up the few points we need here and there to limp over the finish line. The bookies think we’re pretty safe and they are usually right about this stuff.

So back to the OP. Yes, it has been a maddening season. There’s been much to admire leavened with great big dollops of anguish all along the way. Please can we just make it to safety and then recharge?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I'm not cup half full about the break...I worry about which players we lose, which players we regretfully keep and the striker we don't get.

In other words...they'll always be the next thing to worry about or frustrate you. When that isn't fun anymore step away for a bit. Fortunately my glass fills up again after 24hrs and I become the hopelessly optimistic Albion fan that I am.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I've really enjoyed this season, but man has it been frustrating.

The most frustrating thing is how, minus a handful of games, we have been so GOOD all season, yet still find ourselves near the bottom.

We have been unlucky in a lot of games - but the main reason we are where we are is the inability to beat the bottom clubs, which is bizarre - and frustrating.

Exactly this.

So frustrating. I think we’ve played so well in most of our games but haven’t got the points to show for it. Some of its luck (eg Palace), bad refereeing decisions (Brom), VAR (Man U) and also our own naïveté with our many late conceded goals. I think the latter is because we’re a young team.

Let’s stay up. Recruit some better attacking option, mentally reset and look forward to the new season.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Next three games are Leeds, Wolves and West Ham. We have oddly good records against all three. I’m hoping we’re going to cruise to safety by accident.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Next three games are Leeds, Wolves and West Ham. We have oddly good records against all three. I’m hoping we’re going to cruise to safety by accident.

That's exactly what I hoped for coming into the game yesterday against Sheffield United ......................

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm really looking forward to next season and not being tied to a Season ticket for the first time in 28 years. It will be refreshing to go and watch my local county side (which I started to do earlier this season before lockdown) and just enjoy standing by the edge of the pitch watching my true local side.

I'm not being anti Albion but with all the VAR, ESL crap, corporate bullshit, and prima donna footballers we've had to put up with recently I can't wait to see some true local football played for the love of the game and not a fat pay cheque, whilst also being able to walk to and from the games which will also be played on Saturday afternoons!

Roll on next season.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
I'm really looking forward to next season and not being tied to a Season ticket for the first time in 28 years. It will be refreshing to go and watch my local county side (which I started to do earlier this season before lockdown) and just enjoy standing by the edge of the pitch watching my true local side.

I'm not being anti Albion but with all the VAR, ESL crap, corporate bullshit, and prima donna footballers we've had to put up with recently I can't wait to see some true local football played for the love of the game and not a fat pay cheque, whilst also being able to walk to and from the games which will also be played on Saturday afternoons!

Roll on next season.
Me too, I’m 90% sure that I’m not renewing my season ticket, for all the above reasons and just not being comfortable in crowds, especially on trains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here