Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we went down ( WE WONT BUT PLAYING DA)

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
If we went down our showing tonight and for games against similar teams this year that we would struggle in the championship. With the manager we have and the team we have we are a lot better suited to the premier league .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wouldn't have much confidence of Potter getting us out of the Championship TBH, you need a combative manager and other than picking a fight with some railings he isn't that. Bottler IMHO.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If we went down our showing tonight and for games against similar teams this year that we would struggle in the championship. With the manager we have and the team we have we are a lot better suited to the premier league .

Bollox

The style of play in the premier league and Championship, by teams of similar quality is light years apart.
Remember us in the championship under CH? Against us in the Premier League under CH??
Chalk and ****ing cheese.

You think Sheffield Utd will be low blocking their way to mid-table obscurity next season?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’d need more of a physical presence on the field, we do already.

Lightweight technicians on their own would be hustled out of 46 physical encounters. (Bissouma wouldn’t hang around).

We got promoted with Muzza, Hemed, Sidwell, Kayal, AK, Stephens, who were up for every battle.

The same formula again.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Bollox

The style of play in the premier league and Championship, by teams of similar quality is light years apart.
Remember us in the championship under CH? Against us in the Premier League under CH??
Chalk and ****ing cheese.

You think Sheffield Utd will be low blocking their way to mid-table obscurity next season?

Different team under CH. Just my view that this team and manager has no fight against the high pressing tactics 11 men behind the ball that most in the league below would use against just my view and as you so nicely put most probably bollox

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Different team under CH. Just my view that this team and manager has no fight against the high pressing tactics 11 men behind the ball that most in the league below would use against just my view and as you so nicely put most probably bollox

I just don't see that as how most Championship teams play.

The anyone can beat anyone nature of thechampionship football means the low block is far less frequently used.

Personally, I think our current squad ( if kept together) would absolutely piss the championship.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing

The anyone can beat anyone nature of thechampionship football means the low block is far less frequently used.

Personally, I think our current squad ( if kept together) would absolutely piss the championship.

So why do we get results against mid table teams and upper half but struggle so much against the so called bottom teams in your view ? If Potter can solve that then we can all have a lot more relaxing season next year

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

That's the problem. As I see it I reckon half our team would be out (or potentially be out). In descending order of likelihood;

Bissouma
White
Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
Trossard
Moder
Gross
Welbeck
Sanchez
Dunk

Even if we only lose 4-5 of that lot (a not unrealistic number) that's a huge hole to fill with a much more limited budget.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This. Infact, we could sell a number of top players and still piss it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That's the problem. As I see it I reckon half our team would be out (or potentially be out). In descending order of likelihood;

Bissouma
White
Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
Trossard
Moder
Gross
Welbeck
Sanchez
Dunk

Even if we only lose 4-5 of that lot (a not unrealistic number) that's a huge hole to fill with a much more limited budget.

Genuinely think Bissouma is the only risk there (in the completely hypothetical situation where we get relegated).

Tony will know that keeping the squad together is the best way of being promoted.
If any tempting offers came in ( why would they?) Tony would still knock them back

We would dream of 10th place with Potter fans saying the entertaining football augered well for a playoff challenge next season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Bissouma
White
Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
Trossard
Moder
Gross
Welbeck
Sanchez
Dunk

Assuming there were viable buyers for all of them (and that would be assuming a lot!)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Without having a pop at the usual suspects.

Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth have had a dreadful season,following relegation.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Without having a pop at the usual suspects.

Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth have had a dreadful season,following relegation.

Quite. Norwich City finished a distant last upstairs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Relegation is still a possibility until it mathematically isn't and our incapacity to beat bottom 3 teams is really not helping at all.
We might struggle if we go down as we are not combative and physical enough for dogfight kind of games needed.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Genuinely think Bissouma is the only risk there (in the completely hypothetical situation where we get relegated).

Tony will know that keeping the squad together is the best way of being promoted.
If any tempting offers came in ( why would they?) Tony would still knock them back

You’d have a pretty disgruntled squad if that list had to swallow playing in the second tier.

Ditchling Dyke

Jan 11, 2021

Absolutely a fact that BW has a relegation clause in his new contract , he will be gone .

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020

Bissouma
White
Lamptey
Veltman
Webster
Trossard
Moder
Gross
Welbeck
Sanchez
Dunk

Don't forget we've got Izquierdo coming back to fitness, Jahanbakhsh, Alzate, macAlistair. Tau, Kawbornik, Zequeri, Caicedo, Propper, plus the Under 23's and loanees. Lots of players that could perform very well indeed at championship level. Ok we'd need to buy a few, but if Bissouma is sold then a nice bit of cash to splash..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here