Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Super League Analogies

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Loads of comparisons made, but for me, best one was a friend who said

“It’s like a bunch of blokes arranged to have an almighty p iss up between themselves...

...and forgot to tell their wives”

Perfectly sums it up for me! :lolol:

What ones have you heard?

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Not so much analogy - but neat add from Heineken showed up in Copenhagen this morning "Don't drink & start a League", they are though sponsors of the Champios League....

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I likened it to a bloke suddenly announcing to his wife of 29 years that he's found a younger fitter woman and he's going to move out and divorce her. Then crawling back 24 hrs later telling her it was all a big mistake he's very sorry and he's going to give her another chance and just forget it ever happened.
See how that would go down with her.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Florentino Perez: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'!

monty-python-dead-parrot-sketch.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Nothing, absolutely nothing ever will beat the "We like wet Tuesdays in Stoke". Not much to do with an analogy but hilarious with only a few hours thought.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Inviting Spurs to the Super League is like Bananaman joining The Avengers

A similar one was "Spurs being invited to the Super League is like me going into the Crucible during the Snooker World Championships and putting my 20p down on the table".

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Loads of comparisaons made, but for me, best one was a friend who said

“It’s like a bunch of blokes arranged to have an almighty p iss up between themselves...

...and forgot to tell their wives”

Perfectly sums it up for me! :lolol:

What ones have you heard?

Not sure about that one and maybe says something about your mates relationship with his wife. Hardly the cataclysmic misjudgement that was trying to start the ESL.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
�������� ������������������: Hull City can confirm that it has formally begun the procedures to withdraw from Sky Bet League One and join 23 clubs in a new competition, the Sky Bet Championship.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure about that one and maybe says something about your mates relationship with his wife. Hardly the cataclysmic misjudgement that was trying to start the ESL.

:ffsparr::tumble:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here