Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s Wish you were here with an Elvis Juice

Ok beer as well then

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Westy put up Pink Floyd Wish you were here track. I’ve got wrecked tonight and have no idea

Sunsets and music, evoked thoughts of Cafe Del Mar, Ibiza for me. Hence the tune.

Still sober here, it’s early.

Attachments

• F3561642-5ADA-4183-A367-E12253E1B6B0.png
    F3561642-5ADA-4183-A367-E12253E1B6B0.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 98

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sunsets and music, evoked thoughts of Cafe Del Mar, Ibiza for me. Hence the tune.

Still sober here, it’s early.

Attention seeking post - I was at the opening of Cafe Del Mar in San Antonio, it was just a new bar that me and my mates were invited to the opening of, I had no idea what it would turn into! :smile:

Back on the thread topic. This will do for Sunset or Sunrise for me

https://youtu.be/Fku7hi5kI-c

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Show off, in 1962, you old hippy. I wasn’t born then.

You also got lucky in San Antonio in the summer of love 1969, listening to Je t’aime ... Moi Non Plus, whilst mopping up chicks.

In truth I was a friend of the DJ in a San An club and had to look out of the window up and down the street when he played Je t’aime as it was banned in Spain and I had to advise if the Guardia Civil were walking down the street.

I was working as a dinghy sailing instructor too so mopping up the chicks was easy :smile:

Cafe Del Mar opened in about 1980 btw

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In truth I was a friend of the DJ in a San An club and had to look out of the window up and down the street when he played Je t’aime as it was banned in Spain and I had to advise if the Guardia Civil were walking down the street.

I was working as a dinghy sailing instructor too so mopping up the chicks was easy :smile:

Cafe Del Mar opened in about 1980 btw

Guardia Civil were/are brutal.

I was just a kid in August 80 on a family Mallorcan holiday. We witnessed them with the help of our hotel’s staff, beat up some drunk tourists in the lobby.

What was your chat up line .... “Fancy seeing my boom later?”.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Guardia Civil were/are brutal.

I was just a kid in August 80 on a family Mallorcan holiday. We witnessed them with the help of our hotel’s staff, beat up some drunk tourists in the lobby.

What was your chat up line .... “Fancy seeing my boom later?”.

No chat up line needed, this was the Summer Of Love and I was working in Ibiza :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
IF you could turn back time, would you live that summer all over again?

As well as betting big on football/horse outcomes you now know.

What a silly question :lolol:

I have more chance of pulling a muscle these days (old cliches are the best)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There is only ONE piece of music for Sunset. Only 1m 35 but never fails to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a silly question :lolol:

I have more chance of pulling a muscle these days (old cliches are the best)

Believe it not, many do say an emphatic “no”.

Usually with “Been there, done it, worn the T-shirt, so no thanks”.

Or mindful that the current missus might check out posts? “Why would I want that again, when married bliss is the time of my life”?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No chat up line needed, this was the Summer Of Love and I was working in Ibiza :lolol:

I was in Ibiza Summer of 1984, but over at Ibiza Town and Las Salinas during the day. The song I remember at sunset was

I've been back a few times over the years and the one I associate with Ibiza sunsets is now

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Believe it not, many do say an emphatic “no”.

Usually with “Been there, done it, worn the T-shirt, so no thanks”.

Or mindful that the current missus might check out posts? “Why would I want that again, when married bliss is the time of my life”?

No complaints about my current life but being 18 again and living in what was Paradise in the sun with no aches and pains and being able to party for days on end, with virtually no responsibility, what’s not to like?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was in Ibiza Summer of 1984, but over at Ibiza Town and Las Salinas during the day. The song I remember at sunset was

So you’re a naturist, or are you a voyeur? :wink:

Salinas is a fabulous beach, as are the bars and restaurants (or at least they were)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you’re a naturist, or are you a voyeur? :wink:

Salinas is a fabulous beach, as are the bars and restaurants (or at least they were)

Back then, they were indeed. When you were early 20's, fit and good looking, you wanted everyone to know :blush:

(You know the whole beach wasn't naturist, but those thongs could chafe a bit :wink:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here