Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber extends contract with Albion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worst news ever.

Mr A Flask

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
For those of us of a certain age this news will come as a horrifyingly bit of bad news , PB is doing his job to a degree of sanitisation that would get his face on a bottle of Dettol .

Those of us old enough to remember what I recall as the good old bad days probaby find the sanitisation of football hard to understand.

But here's the thing , Brighton and Hove Albion are not thinking about the likes of us , and rightly so, the club is still trying to woo back the lost generations of Brighton fans and considering we sell out every game PB and Co have got it spot on .

On a matchday one of the things I love about our club is the amount of youngsters sporting their colours as a badge of honour.

So whilst the cringeworthy rules keep totting up it doesn't seem to have stopped people wanting to come to football and season ticket renewals and sales are going well for what is still a uncertain season coming up .

Like him or loathe him nobody can say he's doing a bad job , so I raise my flask to you Mr B for a job well done and long may you continue to promote The good name of Brighton and Hove Albion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surprised there are still fans who are only prepared to give a grudging 'he's doing an OK job'............must be the former flask-bearers I guess. Quite possibly the best CEO in the business IMO (if not who'd you swap him for ??) and if as shrewd a businessman as TB thinks he's the right man for the job I ain't going to argue. As well as the day to day management of the club, his performance throughout the pandemic has been outstanding.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I believe that Mr Barber is also on the excellent Albion Roar tomorrow. I’m hoping that he’ll be roaring out his disapproval for the ESL rather loudly!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I believe that Mr Barber is also on the excellent Albion Roar tomorrow. I’m hoping that he’ll be roaring out his disapproval for the ESL rather loudly!

Here follows a bit of constructive criticism to the [MENTION=21711]Albionroar[/MENTION] team, which I hope you take on board in the spirit in which it is intended and don't get all arsey about:

Please don't interrupt your guests so much. When you get someone like Paul Barber on the show, we all really want to listen to what he has to say and not some personal thoughts and loosely related anecdotes of the presenters.

Cheers.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He has done nothing I wouldn't expect from an employee on £50K+ per week.

Tongue in cheek I’m sure but I think Barber acts with a lot more integrity and transparency than most other chief executives. Sure he gets paid a lot, but he’s one of the key running cogs of the club, we have players on 100k per week and I’m sure Barber works a lot harder than them.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I’ve met MrB a few times through work and found him nothing less than entirely impressive.

Sharp as a tack, he also clearly suffers from the affliction of having compassion and empathy.

Ultimately he seems incredibly driven though.

What else could you want really?

Top bloke IMO

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Here follows a bit of constructive criticism to the [MENTION=21711]Albionroar[/MENTION] team, which I hope you take on board in the spirit in which it is intended and don't get all arsey about:

Please don't interrupt your guests so much. When you get someone like Paul Barber on the show, we all really want to listen to what he has to say and not some personal thoughts and loosely related anecdotes of the presenters.

Cheers.

YES! I do love what Ady and Alan have to say, and genuinely find them both enjoyable to listen too. But Alan, please - you're on it week-in week-out, let your guests have a few minutes uninterrupted because you have some superb people on the show.

Tongue in cheek I’m sure but I think Barber acts with a lot more integrity and transparency than most other chief executives. Sure he gets paid a lot, but he’s one of the key running cogs of the club, we have players on 100k per week and I’m sure Barber works a lot harder than them.

Football administration requires talent, talent needs to be compelled with a competitive remuneration package and a real ability to make change. Bar the bottle cap/flask ban, I really cannot fault PB at all and he comes across as someone who genuinely wants the club and community to thrive. The latter part to me is really important, the club is critical to some people across Sussex and he appears to be genuinely interested in their welfare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here