They should never have been sent down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Justice has finally been delivered.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A pregnant woman was sent to jail, another woman had her children taken away, and some of the accused/convicted wrongly have died. It was horrendous and all because the PO wouldn't admit their new software had a problem.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My local post office has a sign that says “We sell stamps by the book”. Good to know they follow the rules.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Surely the management who gave evidence against those who were convicted committed perjury? The Post Office was told over and over that the software was shit but they still pursued the post office owners to the courts or to bankruptcy. Be good to see those that lied on oath banged up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely the management who gave evidence against those who were convicted committed perjury? The Post Office was told over and over that the software was shit but they still pursued the post office owners to the courts or to bankruptcy. Be good to see those that lied on oath banged up.

They deliberately didn't tell those suspected, that there were others having similar problems. People who had never had a conviction before in their lives, suddenly stealing thousands. They must have known there was something else going wrong.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've only just heard about this for the first time today, saw it on the BBC news this morning and just read about it online. Can't believe I've missed a story as big as this, has it been under-reported or have I just missed it?

I'm struggling to believe what I've just read though, it is absolutely scandalous. Those poor, poor people having to go through this over all these years. Thank god there is some justice now though I'm not sure any amount of compensation will make up for what they've had to go through. And I feel so incredibly sorry for those who died and their families with this still hanging over them.

And to think Priti Patel and some on here advocate bringing back the death penalty!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've only just heard about this for the first time today, saw it on the BBC news this morning and just read about it online. Can't believe I've missed a story as big as this, has it been under-reported or have I just missed it?

I'm struggling to believe what I've just read though, it is absolutely scandalous. Those poor, poor people having to go through this over all these years. Thank god there is some justice now though I'm not sure any amount of compensation will make up for what they've had to go through. And I feel so incredibly sorry for those who died and their families with this still hanging over them.

And to think Priti Patel and some on here advocate bringing back the death penalty!

And good post ruined by the last paragraph [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So many honest people's lives ruined. It's heartbreaking. The fault always clearly lay with shitty levels of testing and/or teething problems with the new computer system. Those wrongly accused should take the Post Office to the cleaners for this disgraceful injustice. Tho it won't much lessen the trauma for those involved

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Can't believe I've missed a story as big as this, has it been under-reported or have I just missed it?

Private Eye have been following this for years - The Fujitsu Execs and the Post Office board were well aware of the problems but proceeded with their prosecutions anyway. Absolutely criminal, it stems from the Post Office being able to bring cases to court themselves rather than going through the CPS. The execs/higher ups who covered the issues up are long gone and are hoping they've got away with it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So many honest people's lives ruined. It's heartbreaking. The fault always clearly lay with shitty levels of testing and/or teething problems with the new computer system. Those wrongly accused should take the Post Office to the cleaners for this disgraceful injustice. Tho it won't much lessen the trauma for those involved

Totally agree I’m surprised the Government hasn’t stepped in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've followed this story on radio 4 over the years. Horrendous what they went through, and insult to injury that it's taken this long to clear their names.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Totally agree I’m surprised the Government hasn’t stepped in here.

The government is facing huge legal costs. Not only was the Post Office publicly owned at the time of the scandal but the Department for Business is the subject of a complaint currently being investigated by the parliamentary ombudsman.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All the victims deserve millions in compensation.

They need to throw the book at those who made such bad decisions and ruined lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here