Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bordeaux Go Into Administration

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With respect, it isn't summer, and other wines are available ???

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Might the liquidators need to do a fire-sale of players?
Any bargains to be had?

I can see the need, longer-term, to introduce an international wage-cap along the lines of "no player is allowed to be paid more than e.g. £75k per week by their club"
Would that help protect clubs from unaffordable squad wages?
Might it also help level the playing-field too?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Might the liquidators need to do a fire-sale of players?
Any bargains to be had?

I can see the need, longer-term, to introduce an international wage-cap along the lines of "no player is allowed to be paid more than e.g. £75k per week by their club"
Would that help protect clubs from unaffordable squad wages?
Might it also help level the playing-field too?

Too late.

Steve Parish and recruitment guru Mark Bright are there already.

Savvy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think the solution to this is some kind of European Mega League.

It would sort football out no end.

Thoughts?

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I think the solution to this is some kind of European Mega League.

It would sort football out no end.

Thoughts?

No, no, no. You've already forgetten that the French (the Qataris, really good them) and the Germans are the good guys of Europe.

The bad guys of Europe are..... the Americans, the Emiratis and the far Eastern Russians. Plus Daniel Levy of course and some Bahamaian exiles. But at least they are all very sorry.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I went to Bordeaux during Euro16 to watch Belgium play Ireland.
It's probably my most favourite stadium I've been to anywhere in the world. The occasion was also highly memorable for two sets of supporters emptying every supermarket of it's complete stock of beer and both sets of fans partying together before, during and after the match.

And if you've never been to Bordeaux, you need to put it on your bucket list, it's one of Europe's hidden gems.
The whole weekend was a perfect example of how football should be.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's probably my most favourite stadium I've been to anywhere in the world. The occasion was also highly memorable for two sets of supporters emptying every supermarket of it's complete stock of beer and both sets of fans partying together before, during and after the match.

And if you've never been to Bordeaux, you need to put it on your bucket list, it's one of Europe's hidden gems.

Completely agree - Bordeaux is a beautiful city (great tram system!), and there's an amazing coast, and stunning countryside all around.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Yes I was at this too - great day. Funniest thing was it was a beautiful day until a massive thunderstorm which sent everyone running in all directions trying to find shelter!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Completely agree - Bordeaux is a beautiful city (great tram system!), and there's an amazing coast, and stunning countryside all around.

Indeed, a very nice city/area. I've been living here since last Summer. Lest we forget, the English era, 12th century to 15th century.

Am looking forward to taking my son to see Bordeaux play(in his Brighton shirt), when it's possible to do so. That will probably be a Ligue 2 fixture now. Gus Poyet's old club. He's had a few :mad:

Bordeaux Begles rugby team will be worth a gander too, at the old Bordeaux football stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here