Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Thank You Brighton, I Still Love You

el punal

Today, this glorious sunny day, me, Mrs.Punal and Maisie our dog paid a visit to our old stomping ground. Acting like complete tourists we walked down the prom, onto the beach and ate and drank in one of the outside bars at the Kings Road arches.

I must admit the old place has changed a bit over the years, for the better I reckon, but still retains “a town that seems to be assisting police with their inquiries” image.

Apart from having a jolly day out our main purpose was to collect a beautiful photographic image of the West Pier entitled “Sidelong Glance” by Finn Hopson at Brighton Photography. A well deserved plug - I hope no one objects!

So after doing the eating, meeting, greeting bits we headed home the long way round. I’ve never done this route before but headed to Rottingdean, then through Woodingdean up Falmer Road and saw the amazing site of the Amex in all its sunlit glory. It was indeed a memorable sight.

All in all a grand day out. Thanks Brighton! :bowdown:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Today, this glorious sunny day, me, Mrs.Punal and Maisie our dog paid a visit to our old stomping ground. Acting like complete tourists we walked down the prom, onto the beach and ate and drank in one of the outside bars at the Kings Road arches.

I must admit the old place has changed a bit over the years, for the better I reckon, but still retains “a town that seems to be assisting police with their inquiries” image.

Apart from having a jolly day out our main purpose was to collect a beautiful photographic image of the West Pier entitled “Sidelong Glance” by Finn Hopson at Brighton Photography. A well deserved plug - I hope no one objects!

So after doing the eating, meeting, greeting bits we headed home the long way round. I’ve never done this route before but headed to Rottingdean, then through Woodingdean up Falmer Road and saw the amazing site of the Amex in all its sunlit glory. It was indeed a memorable sight.

All in all a grand day out. Thanks Brighton! :bowdown:

Are you growing some of that funny stuff on yr plot, by any chance, to enjoy such a trip ???

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Absolutely agree with the OP. Life has seen me wind up in Woking and never actually live in Brighton. Lewes was as close as I ever got and I was too young to really make it count. I’ve been to 40 counties and seen all sorts but there’s still no city that makes me smile like Brighton does. I always leave it feeling happier than when I arrived.

I’ve missed it badly this past year. Just looking forward to things easing up a little further and I shall drive down just to have a good run along the coast. Can’t wait.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
1970s/early80s then off to the Smoke. Since then all visits have been Albion related.

Always wanted to come back unfortunately property is sooo expensive. :down:

You live in London but say Brighton property is expensive? :mad:

But also great purchase: Finn Hopson does some wonderful stuff. His photos of the Downs are gorgeous.

el punal

You live in London but say Brighton property is expensive? :mad:

But also great purchase: Finn Hopson does some wonderful stuff. His photos of the Downs are gorgeous.

No, me and Miss.Punal, as she was then, moved to London because of a job promotion. We rented a shitty one bedroom flat and then moved to Southampton, close to Miss P’s family as a junior Punal was about to enter the world.

We both vowed that we would move back to B&H as soon as we could. Our biggest regret was that we never did.

As an aside, Mrs.Punal went to Brighton College of Ed. (?) to train to be a teacher. The irony is that where she attended lectures in Falmer is probably where the West Stand Lower bars are now!

And, yes, Finn Hopson’s work is wonderful. I will definitely be acquiring more in the future.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I get to drive past the Amex almost every day [emoji16][emoji119]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whenever Mrs DiS is coming to a match as well, we always try to make a weekend of it. She loves the place without having the Sussex connection. Lively and tolerant, cosmopolitan, some great architecture in the way of Regency terraces, the sea and the downs.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Brilliant city Brighton.

OK, sure, needs the mother of all hosedowns.

But a brilliant place to live

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
tenor.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here