Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber interview on BT Sport at 7.15pm

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's angry his "mates" have let him down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That went well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ha ha. True. But It’s quite easy to see why he’s a go-to person for tv and radio. I really do think he’s at his best in situations like this, and the pandemic etc. If he should ever leave us, to head up the Premier League, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just to clarify, I should have said “at his very best”.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It was smart of Tony to make Paul Barber Vice-Chairman of the club so early in his tenure.

The decision must be up there with extending Graham Potter's contract from 4 years to 6 years only a few months after joining us.

Tony has a wonderful skill of recruiting and keeping top people. You can add Dan Ashworth to that list also.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’ve said before, if he departs my money is on a position at the Premier League.

That makes sense. I certainly can't see Barber going to any Big Six club right now, things must be toxic there (for the same reason, I can't see Potter going to Spurs either).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was smart of Tony to make Paul Barber Vice-Chairman of the club so early in his tenure.

The decision must be up there with extending Graham Potter's contract from 4 years to 6 years only a few months after joining us.

Tony has a wonderful skill of recruiting and keeping top people. You can add Dan Ashworth to that list also.
Maybe the Vice-Chairmanship came with some share options which may make his departure less likely ?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Does make me laugh when Brighton are held up as a club for others to replicate as we've achieved our dream.

Very easy sound bytes when you have a billionaire fan owner.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe the Vice-Chairmanship came with some share options which may make his departure less likely ?

Maybe but I'm not sure share options in a club that makes multi-million pound loses every season and has a owner that has expressly stated he has no intention of ever selling, is a fan, and has said he'll pass the club on to his family, are worth anything.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Does make me laugh when Brighton are held up as a club for others to replicate as we've achieved our dream.

They actually said we were a good example of a well run club. I suspect that means an aim to live within our means, as well as understanding it is the fanbase that really 'own' the club. Nothing to do with winning the PL or Champions League. Personally I couldn't care less about those two ideals - just as long as the club is run by the fans and for the fans - PL membership is a bonus.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It just confirms for me, that I think you would struggle to find a top team better than Bloom, Barber, Ashworth and Potter at the moment :thumbsup:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Ha yep.

Sometimes i wonder if Tony likes having Barber doing media coverage galore because it keeps people about how well run we are, a distraction from the fact we have a billionaire fan owner who generously picks up the bill for pretty much anything we want.

Thought the Barbs interview on the club website/Times was good. From what I can see he's said the same thing on SSN, talksport and BT Sport as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It just confirms for me, that I think you would struggle to find a top team better than Bloom, Barber, Ashworth and Potter at the moment :thumbsup:

Some days I have to pinch myself we have such a great team compared to what we had a generation ago...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here