Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex v Yorkshire - match thread***

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only one change in the Sussex squad with Mitch Claydon replacing Stuart Meaker. Hope Sean Hunt gets another chance, thought he looked useful.

It's a pity that Jof isn't playing, he's back at Sussex now but he's either not fully fit or has been stopped by the ECB.

This will be a tough one. Yorks have an in-form Adam Lyth as well as Joe Root in their line-up. If we can get anything from this game, we'd have done really well

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
There was an interesting article in the Guardian about Robinson this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-gillespie-backing-england-ashes-tour-cricket

"Matthew Maynard, the home side’s seasoned coach, said Robinson’s performance was as good as he had seen in county cricket, noting his ability to extract movement from a seemingly placid pitch."

Unfortuantely I can't see him getting picked for the Ashes as Silverwood will arguably see it as a defining tour of his tenure, and therefore I'd expect him to go with the safe tried and tested. But it would be nice to think he might be in with a shout, especially after such glowing references.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Whilst we await a wicket I need help. My brain is searching for the name of a batsman no longer in the squad who was in England A teams. Must have left last year??

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Amazing to think Sussex topped the group after their last game because of higher batting bonus points!

Will enjoy that whilst it lasts.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Whilst we await a wicket I need help. My brain is searching for the name of a batsman no longer in the squad who was in England A teams. Must have left last year??

You thinking of Phil Salt?

He's injured. He had a crash on his bike and broke his foot - back at the end of May

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

He's injured. He had a crash on his bike and broke his foot - back at the end of May

That’s a blow. With head and salt it’s not a bad line up

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

Laurie Evans? He's with Surrey now.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

No I've got it! Laurie Evans, who never played for England Lions or the A team..... he used to live nearby, opposite where RMJ lived way back. Thanks for Phil Salt update.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
102/5 at lunch - Lana and Hunt with a couple of quick wickets before the break

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
102/5 at lunch - Lana and Hunt with a couple of quick wickets before the break

Lana?

It was Rawlins. Brook playing back when he should have been playing forward,

Yorkshire have got Willey in at 9 though so there's still plenty of batting to come but that's a great fightback by Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here