Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would we still sell Bissouma to a top 6 club

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Apologise in advance if this as already been mentioned

Been thinking if Tony Bloom would still sell Bissouma to a top 6 club in light of last weeks events
Rumours been circulating for a few weeks now of a £50M purchase from any of the top 6, regardless of these rumours would you or we as a club now been reluctant to sell our best assets to the Mafia top 6
Money always talks and smaller clubs always need to balance books by selling their best assets but will we or the other 14 prem clubs in future be willing to do this now

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Yes we should sell. Why should Biss miss out if a deal can be done. The players are innocent in this

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

If he wanted the move we wouldn't hold him back.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We cannot be seen to keep a player from such a move against their will. The publicity would put off many talented youngsters from using us as a stepping stone which would go against the long term plans. We should set a reasonable fee of £50m and stick to it, wishing him well for his future

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Big Six and Leicester - for the right price, although I'd be sorry to see him go.
Everton or West Ham - possibly, they're likely to be above us for a few seasons at least, but I'd be less happy him going to one of these clubs than the above seven.
Any other PL clubs - no chance.
Foreign clubs - same as the Big Six plus Leicester.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes we would.

However, if the ‘Greedy Six’ are kicked out of the Champions League next season, they’ll not be able to afford him. PSG would be a good destination for the Champions League bound lad.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Football is a business. Uncle Tony is a businessman.

We're lucky in the fact that he has BHAFC at heart though, and will do what he sees as right for both the club and himself.

Players are just 'employees' at the end of the day. Some fall in love with the club, stay, and associate themselves with the club long term - and for many more it's a good wage, good times, and onwards to bigger things (doesn't always work out like that, but that's life).

Bissouma seems a good kid who has a great future, and if one of these 'top six' were selling him at this point no doubt they'd get £65m-70m because of his association with them. However, I don't see anyone going balls out to pay bonkers money from teamslikebrighton, so £50m is probably a good shout. :glare:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's a free market economy and Tony will buy and sell as is appropriate for the needs of his business.

He'll want to get the best price possible and if that is to one of the dirty dozen and it allows him to strengthen his financial position he'll do it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Football is a business. Uncle Tony is a businessman.

We're lucky in the fact that he has BHAFC at heart though, and will do what he sees as right for both the club and himself.

Players are just 'employees' at the end of the day. Some fall in love with the club, stay, and associate themselves with the club long term - and for many more it's a good wage, good times, and onwards to bigger things (doesn't always work out like that, but that's life).

Bissouma seems a good kid who has a great future, and if one of these 'top six' were selling him at this point no doubt they'd get £65m-70m because of his association with them. However, I don't see anyone going balls out to pay bonkers money from teamslikebrighton, so £50m is the money. :glare:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why should it make any difference? If we ever sell a player to an ESL club, we'll be doing it for the £££ and not for some kind of favour.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes we would.

However, if the ‘Greedy Six’ are kicked out of the Champions League next season, they’ll not be able to afford him. PSG would be a good destination for the Champions League bound lad.

PSG would be a good destination for him anyway + (not that we are a "greedy club") we could up the anti to £60m???

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Plenty of people think it's a foregone conclusion that Biss is off this summer.

The big question is who is going to stump up the asking price?
Tony will not sell for less than his valuation.

My guess is that figure is £50m.
If Caceido/Moder were ready to replace him next season, he might accept a slightly lower offer.
But I don't think they will be until the following season, when Biss's value may have increased.

In Covid affected times that's a big price for a player from a team that have been fighting relegation for the majority of the season.
I can see him going for that and more when he's seen as the key player in a top performing, mid-table team.

I suspect the teams that need him (Spurs, Arsenal) won't pay enough.
The teams that want him and can afford him (Liverpool/Chelsea/United) will want to see a bit more from him to warrant Tony's asking price.

Tony won't stand in his way, when the money is right.
But until then he will be our player.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
If Biss wants out then a call to his agent will sort things, nothing the club can do if he wants out. Down to the player.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Yes we would but i would be surprised if ANY club meets our valuation

It would not surprise me if he signs a new contract

I think White or Webster are more likely to move if the price is right

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes we would but i would be surprised if ANY club meets our valuation

It would not surprise me if he signs a new contract

I think White or Webster are more likely to move if the price is right

I can't see Webster going anywhere.
He is the most under the radar player we have.

In with a shout of player of the season for me.
He will be worth way more to us, than anyone will offer, IMO.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There’s no doubt that Biss has improved and is one of our better players. He is young with bags of potential. But he is still raw, inexperienced and there are areas of his game that he needs to improve on before being talked about in the £50m + bracket.
He will learn and improve by playing with the likes of Lallana and being managed by someone like Potter, who doesn’t have the pressure of “must be top 6, get into Europe, win something”, and can persevere with a player when he hits a bad run of form.
Another year with us and he’ll be a better player.
Oh, and he might like living and playing down here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here