Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Old Goldstone turnstile....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
On ebay now, over 900 quid

But it looks similar to other sporting turnstiles from the racing fraternity. How can you tell if its genuine. Sorry cant post a link.....look under turnstiles :blush:

It is from Brighton, anyone on here?

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't see anything corroborating it's from the Goldstone, could be from anywhere.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Can't see anything corroborating it's from the Goldstone, could be from anywhere.
Thats what i thought, it looks similar to the one on sale from Chester racecourse. Would someone be devious enough to sell it out of Brighton to make it seem like a genuine Goldstone turnstile? Could also be very legit of course and a rare opportunity to own a stonking bit of memorabilia.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brighton...475076?hash=item367a15adc4:g:qlgAAOSwyDdgfq~H

s-l400.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thats what i thought, it looks similar to the one on sale from Chester racecourse. Would someone be devious enough to sell it out of Brighton to make it seem like a genuine Goldstone turnstile? Could also be very legit of course and a rare opportunity to own a stonking bit of memorabilia.

A look at vintage turnstiles shows that many clubs used the same designs.

I'd want proof that it was genuine. There are quite a few knocking around.

W T Ellison was not registered until 1897 as a company, so it's later than advertised.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That’s a Brighton and Hove Rangers turnstile from Surrenden Field, I remember the paint colour.

Is there anyone on here that this comment hasn’t ‘whooshed’ yet? ???

In vaguely related news, if we all donated our various Goldstone bits we could definitely recreate the old girl somewhere in Sussex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well a year or two ago their were still a couple of Goldstone turnstiles (alleged) at DRE / Dortons.
Could be one of those after a clean up

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Proceed with caution. Since paper went all plasticy and covered in holograms turnstiles have been the most counterfeited object worldwide.
Once the backstreets of the Far East were lined with stalls selling dodgy Rolex and Cartier now it's all turnstiles.
Apparently original turnstiles are going for MILLIONS at Sothebys and Christies these days.
Look for a serial number or a letter of authentication.
Hope this helps.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here